Chapter - 2

Hinata's lavender eyes fluttered open as her pupils adjusted themselves to the bright light of the sunkissed room.

White screens and I'm on the bed... Must be the infirmary. Wait, why am I here again? Oh... now I remember... I was going to fall, and that really popular guy caught me... Did I actually fall? But it doesn't seem like my head hurts... That guy must've saved me again... Then, if I didn't fall, why did I faint? Hinata, you are really weird, aren't you?  she worried to herself, as she sat upright.

 Her pearl eyes scanned the spacious room for a clock, and when she did discover one, she realized that she was awfully late for her afternoon lecture. I didn't even get that book from the professor. I might as well get going now, better later than never... But wait a minute, where are my books? 
She then found that the stack of books she was carrying and her cracked glasses were placed on the table beside her bed. She nodded in approval to herself on seeing them unharmed and put her numb feet down to the cool, wooden floor, and stood up weakly, cursing herself for being late. 

"Hello! Are you up?" A slightly familiar, cheerful voice greeted her, as the blonde entered the room with a couple of polythene bags.

She nodded, looking at the ground again. 

"That's good! Man, I was bowled over not knowing what to do when you fainted. You remember how you fainted, don't you?" He chirped and made his way to the table beside her and put the plastic bags on top of it. He then proceeded to grab a chair, sit on it backwards, and place his handsome chin on his forearms crossed over the backrest, reserving his frat boy vibe.

Hinata shook her head to his question, making the ends of tresses bounce against her pale, skinny shoulders.
Fuck, she's driving me insane,
 he thought as he caught sight of the beautiful, slight dance of her hair on her sleek shoulders. He gulped to keep up his merry composure as his heart banged against his chest, the loudest it could get.

"You tripped, and I managed to catch you before you fell, but the next moment, you were unconscious... Hey... were you by any chance, embarrassed because I accidentally hugged you before I fell along with you?" He chuckled.

His question made her jolted her head up and face him in complete ambiguity. She tilted her pretty face sidewards, like a puppy, as if the thought was almost alien. 

"No, that was not the case," she said, without stuttering or hesitating.

Gawd... You ruthless heartbreaker, he thought in bitterly. To think she didn't even consider the possibility of being embarrassed when a hot guy hugged her.

"Anyways, where are you off to?" He questioned again. Stop making it sound like a fucking criminal investigation, he told himself.

"A-Afternoon Lecture." She bluntly answered, her eyes on the ground.

"Afternoon lecture as in, the English Lecture?"

She nodded again. She is a girl of few words.

"Then you don't need to worry. I already notified the lecturer that you were sick and can't come to his class."

She raised her brows. "Yo-You aren't in my de-department, th-then how did you know wh-which class I had to go to and wh-who I am studying under?"

"Just a few perks of being popular. I know all the lecturers like the back of my hand, and yeah, you did have your books on cardioneurology, so ya know, I connected the dots and asked the Professor for permission. When I told him about you, he praised you so much. You must definitely be a straight-A student." He grinned, the corners of his mouth almost reaching his whisker-like birthmarks on either side of his cheeks. "So, yes. In conclusion, you don't have to go."