35

"Uh, you really think this is a good idea?"

Taehyung looked around the mall for a second. A few people care the slightest, but others were staring at them weirdly. There were even a few overly excited dads who wanted their kids to take a picture with the pair as they thought they were disguised as cartoon characters.

He pouted. "C'mon, it was a deal." Taehyung's eyes gleamed as he assured, "It's just for a day. We'll try to have as much fun as possible." 

They had originally thought of wearing onesies to a grocery store, but Taehyung changed it into a mall, thinking that wearing onesies to a grocery store, just wouldn't be entertaining enough.

His boyfriend looked at him suspiciously. "I doubt that." His gaze landed on the other side of the mall. "But anyway, what do you wanna buy?"

The male intertwined fingers with his boyfriend. "Maybe chocolates?"

Taehyung shyly fidgeted with the hem of his boyfriend's sleeve. "Those milky ones wrapped in red, or..." He tugged at his boyfriend's sleeve. "The white chocolate drizzled in syrup?"

Jungkook arched an eyebrow, eyeing him, the corners of his lips lifted into a smirk, "After all that 'Romeo-Juliet flirting,' you're being shy?"

Taehyung poked his shoulder, pouting like a small kid. Jungkook sighed in defeat. "Whatever, let's get some chocolate and... whatever you want."

He beamed and grasped his arm. "Let's go!"

***

"Uh, isn't that place a little too cheesy?" Chaerin said, pointing at the small cafe where lovey-dovey couples were sitting holding each other hands, trapped in their own world. She cringed while seeing the couples in public, but k-dramas were something else.

Yoongi scrunched his nose in disgust. "I think I just threw up in my mouth."

"Exactly, my point."

"How about-" Her eyes flickered over to a few couples, behind the cafe, whispering inaudibly. "What's that?"

Yoongi shrugged as a smile tugged on the edge of his mouth. "How about we find out?"

He grabbed her arm, pulling her towards the place. The warm breeze tousled her hair, caressing her cheek softly. The place behind the cafe was like no other, with beautiful flowers all over it, lovebirds chirping and couples gazing at their partners as if the other were their entire world.

"I'll just go figure this out. Wait here."

She saw him going up to a couple who were right beside an enormous tree. He calmly asked them what all this was about. 

Chaerin couldn't hear their conversation, but she got only one word: 'love.'

Yoongi nodded and ran back. He grabbed a pen and wrote something on a piece of paper, which he tore from a book that was kept beside him. She tried to peek at what he was writing but couldn't due to his sudden shift.

Chaerin crossed her arms. "What did you write?"

"Min Yoongi and Park Chaerin."

"That's all?"

He nodded in response; he folded the thin strip of white paper, kept it safely inside a red ribbon, tied it into a knot, and slipped it into a red color box. "Why'd you do that?"

A smile spread on his lips. "I wrote our names and slipped it into the box, they'll carve our names on that tree." He pointed at the gigantic tree in the middle.

"And?"

"They say that the couple who carve their names on that tree," He intertwined fingers with her, "Will always stay together."

Chaerin parted her lips, staring at the blue-haired boy in awe. The thought of them being an actual couple...she just couldn't process it.

 He was her K-Drama partner, the guy who always playfully blocked her view while watching the couple kiss, saying that she's too young, but also turning sentences into a way that she had to wash her mind. 

Imagine having to call her K-Drama partner, 'boyfriend.'

She used to think that she just couldn't. He would always be that guy who would tell her the answers to her homework, the guy who would reassure her if her grades were low, the guy who would quietly rent her a shoulder to cry on during Korean drama endings.

A guy who would be sweet and sensitive inside. Exactly her type.

And she just figured out how it sucks to be in the 'in between.'

"They say that this happens only once in 70 years or so." He looked at her who arched an eyebrow. "Oh, don't worry, this-" He looked down at both of their intertwined hands, "Is only for a day."

Chaerin nodded. It would be a lie if she told herself that she wasn't disappointed. She glanced at him, the boy's eyes held a whirlwind of emotions she couldn't comprehend. 

It just sucks, not knowing someone's emotions.

A notification popped up, interrupting their conversation. 

Chaerin gulped, stared at her phone for a couple of seconds. Her knuckles turned white, as the muddled thoughts ran inside her head, she could only figure out one question: Who is it? 

Yoongi furrowed his brows. "Did Taekook actually create chaos in the mall or something?"

She showed her phone to him.

Unknown number: Only 6 days left...

***

A/N:

2K VIEWS! Never seen that number for my works. Can I just remind you how much I love and adore you guys? Tysm, 2k views with 400+ votes and 900+ comments. 

If you vote and comment, you get a hug from Chaerin.