41

Chaerin was laying in Yoongi's arms when she let out a sigh of satisfaction.

He held her softly but protectively like you would hold a child, his face buried in her neck, his icy breath occasionally giving her chills.

Yoongi trapped Chaerin in his arms that surprisingly held the comfort of a thousand pillows alone. She averted her gaze from him, trying to focus on anything than how his lips were so close to her neck.

The rain was hammering against the windows and as if sleep had evaded her, she lay awake, glancing at his face now and then. Sometimes, the gaze would last more than a minute, settling on his pink lips.

She didn't move an inch, lying still against his warmth. Although there was a room they had offered for the night, she declined it, saying that she couldn't sleep alone and needed him desperately.

Which was, of course, another great lie.

Chaerin knew no matter how many times she lied to her herself, her heart wouldn't listen, because the truth is, that she feels loved when she's around him.

And those strange feelings she felt, when she buries her fingers in his hair, reaching out to remove a strand from his forehead, laying in his arms comfortably all of them were probably signs she had never noticed before.

Her eyes turned soft as she glanced at him, who was curled up like a cat, his blue-hair tousled, arms wrapped around her.

The room was dimly lit and tranquil as the rain finally settled into a quieter drizzle. "I love you," she mumbled, but of course, he had already drifted to sleep, before he could hear any of that.

***

"And that's what happened," Yoongi finished, as he took another sip from his coffee. He slung an arm around Chaerin who was munching on a burger. She turned her head towards him, returning the smile.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung who looked perplexed as he heard the news. Jungkook shrugged. "You know, long story short, You could've told us that Rae was a Kleptomaniac and that she left that night, so did Beomgyu which left us wondering why they weren't present in the morning."

He nodded before adding, "And that you guys lived happily ever after."

Chaerin bit her lower lip, before looking at Yoongi. "Yeah, we could've told them that."

Jungkook sat on the chair, holding hands with Taehyung below the table. He let out a sleepy sigh. "Why didn't we know about it?"

Chaerin snorted, before pecking on her burger. "Probably because you two were busy cuddling each other to sleep while murmuring sweet words in the other's ear."

Jungkook's ears turned into a bright shade of red. He gulped, before glancing at his boyfriend who was blushing. Looking as serious as possible he questioned, "How'd you know?"

Chaerin gave a nonchalant shrug. "Guessed it out."

"Too accurate," he muttered under his breath. 

Taehyung mouthed an 'I know right' as his grip on his hand tightened. He stroked the other's leg underneath the table gently, playfully smiling at him, before giving a wink.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "I can see that."

"They're cute." Chaerin smiled, her eyes fixed on the couple who was flirting shamelessly with each other in front of them.

Yoongi snapped his head towards her. "You're cute too," he said nonchalantly, reaching out to ruffle her hair. 

He just realized what he blurted out. But that was the truth. She looked appealing with her bubble gum pink lips, big intriguing eyes, and the over-sized hoodie he had given her. 

Although her face wasn't perfect and she did have a few pimples here and there, she looked absolutely beautiful to him.

Chaerin tugged at the strings of her hoodie when she realized she had been staring at him for too long. She turned towards the couple sitting in front of them, trying to talk about various other subjects.

Her almond-shaped eyes sparkled with excitement and he realized he was feeling the same thing he felt when they were watching a k-drama for the first time.

Except that now, there was no tension in the air. If there was anything then it was tenderness, a sort of affection towards her.

Taehyung and Jungkook were listening attentively to her, drinking in every word.

Yoongi tucked his chin in his palm, feeling amused.

Funny how she didn't even know how much of his willpower it took to not shut her up with a kiss.

***

A/N: so, uh, happy ending?

This book is ending soon, only a few more chapters to go.