16

"Hobi-wait what are you alright?" Yoongi asked, taking a glance at Hoseok who looked as pale as the snow.

He threw his arms around Yoongi, pulling him into a hug. "What's wrong?"

Hoseok remained silent, swallowing up the words he had practiced for a week to say. Yoongi pulled away from the hug.

"Are you alright?" Hoseok smiled at the hint of concern in his voice. He nodded, biting his lower lip.

"Then why do you look like you cried the whole night?" Yoongi inquired, noticing his moist eyes.

"I think I'm in love."

"Isn't that great?"

"It is, except the person I love doesn't love me back."

***

Is this how anguish feels? Does the emotion rip your heart into pieces, burning them into the blazing heat of rage?

Does the emotion called 'regret' fill your mind with muddled thoughts?

All Yoongi knew was that whatever he did wasn't right. It was entirely his fault. If only he had at least spent time with him like he used to.

He had disregarded him completely when another person came into his life.

Right now, he was crying in the arms of Chaerin, because no matter whatever he did wrong, she was always there for him.

She caressed his hand, holding him tight. "It's all my fault," Yoongi mumbled, wiping away his tears, regret filling his heart to the whole.

She cupped his face, caressing his cheek. "It isn't entirely your fault. Don't blame everything on yourself, after all, you didn't know he liked you from the start."

Yoongi nodded, acknowledging the truth. He glanced up at her face that held an expression he hadn't ever seen.

She wiped his tears away because right now, he wasn't just her partner who watches dramas with her, he wasn't just a neighbor, he wasn't just a friend.

Somewhere deep in her heart, she knew that he was something more.

She buried her head in his chest, while he wrapped his arms around her waist. She pulled the blanket to cover both of them.

Chaerin caressed his cheek, until he closed his eyes. She noticed his chest rising and falling, she watched him fall asleep before planting a small kiss on his forehead.