26

I YAWNED AND STRETCHED AS I WOKE UP IN MY BED

it was a beautiful sunday morning here in midtown manhattan, new york. it was nearing the end of akaashi and i's first year of college. we lived together in an apartment my parents got for us as a gift.

i hopped out of bed and put on my slippers as i made my way to the kitchen. when i got to the kitchen i was met with flowers and heart shaped balloons. did i miss something?

"good morning." a voice said as they snaked their arms around my waist from behind and kissed my cheek.

"good morning...what is all of this for keiji?" i asked as i turned around to face my boyfriend.

"are you being serious?" he asked with a breathy laugh.

i looked at him with a confused face.

"(y/n). what is today's date and what happens today?"

"it's february 14th and the start of new york fashion week. i have a show this afternoon for mom!" akaashi looked at me with a blank face. "what?"

"so you're being serious...?"

"yeah...is there something i'm missing?" i asked confused. what could i be missing today? he looks kinda mad...i thought as i looked up at akaashi.

"it's valentine's day...how did you forget that? you gave me specific instructions to get you that tiffany bracelet you wanted.for today." 

i put my hand over my mouth as i felt shock and embarrassment all at once. how could i forget so easilyyyy?! wait-he got me the bracelet? "wait- you got me the heart charm bracelet?" i smiled up at akaashi.

akaashi rolled his eyes and laughed. "yes i did it's on the table with the flowers-"

i quickly jogged over to the table and opened up the pink bag. i pulled out the red paper and finally reached the tiffany blue box. as i opened that box i swore i saw a heavenly light emitting off of the silver. "ahhh thank you thank you thank youuu!" i exclaimed as i ran back over to him and gave him a hug. "will you put it on for me like on tv?" i gave him puppy dog eyes.

"fine, here." he gently grabbed my wrist and closed the bracelet allowing it to sit securely on my wrist.

"thank you~" i cooed as i wrapped my arms around his neck. akaashi leaned down and gently placed his lips on mine. i tugged him down further deepening the kiss as he wrapped his arms around my waist tighter. the kiss got more passionate and with that came sloppiness.