An Outrageous Proposal

Jake was in the middle of an important meeting, when he got a mail on Rachel's report, he knew he had to concentrate on his conference and not on the mail, but his curiosity got the better of him, Rachel was not kidding about her pregnancy, she did have a kid, he was about five years old and his name was Matthew, so he thought Rachel did have a baby with his best friend.

But the strange part was the father was not in the scene, Jake pondered may be that was the reason five years back Rachel claimed that child was his, because her lover rejected the baby. That angered him more, he wanted to make her pay for her lies, for breaking his trust, he had to come up with a plan, so she would realise nobody messes with him and gets away with it.

He knew about Rachel's financial troubles, and a plan formed in his mind, she wouldn't be able to refuse his idea, she was desperate, even if she did reject, he was a millionaire, he somehow could turn the tables around. With that in mind he excused himself from the conference, and went in search of one of his assistant David, so he would be present in the rest of the conference and report to Jake when he gets back.

After telling his driver the destination, he sat back and relaxed in his car, he knew this was going to be fun, finally he would show Rachel her true place.

Once they reached, he got down and hesitated a moment before taking a decisive step towards the cafe.
........

Rachel was still in a haze after her encounter with Jake, she knew she was wasting her time thinking about him, but her heart wouldn't listen, he was after all her baby's father.

Rachel couldn't believe her eyes when she saw Jake walking towards her, for a moment she thought she was hallucinating, but as he approached towards her with that confident stride, she knew this was no hallucination, he looked like a tiger about to hunt his prey. He stopped in front of her and uttered those magical words she was waiting to hear from the past five years, " Rachel will you marry me ?"