Blast from the past

Rachel woke up when her alarm started blaring, she reached out and turned it off. After finishing her bathroom routine, she headed towards the kitchen and started the coffee maker, she always skipped breakfast but she needed the caffeine to start her day and keep her on her toes. She looked at the clock and realised she had an hour before heading off to work. She went to wake up her five year old son Matthew, he looked like a little angel asleep, she kissed his forehead and thought all her hardships were worth it, she just wanted to make this little boy happy.

Once Matthew was awake, she fed him his favourite cereal, she was waiting for his sitter to arrive so she could go to work. Nancy, the sitter arrived at 9 am and took over. Rachel didn't like to leave her son in anyone's care but she had no choice, she had to work all day.

Rachel arrived at the cafe and headed towards the locker to grab her apron, she came out and bumped into her best friend Charles, he was a blonde and he was 6' foot tall with 6 pack abs, all the ladies worshipped him, but he only preferred men, yep her best friend was gay and no there is nothing wrong with that, in fact he was her agony aunt, any problem she would turn to him. Charles steadied her before asking,"whoa, you look in a hurry, the manager wants to see you before starting work, go meet him." Seeing the worry on her face he told her it was a routine staff meeting and she had nothing to worry about.

She was still worried, but she headed towards her manager office and knocked, after asked to enter she went in, her manager told her she would have to pull in extra shifts as they were running short on staff, she happily obliged, extra shift extra money she thought.

She headed towards table 9 to take their order, she could see a bunch of business men sitting there, she wondered what they were doing in this small cafe, well she thought everyone need their caffeine kick. She took out her notepad once she reached the table and recited her regular line,"hi I am Rachel I will be your waitress for today, can I take your order."

After several moments of silence and no reply she looked up and saw the face of the man she swore she will never see in her life again.

A/N: please vote or comment and show your support and let me know if i should change anything.

Story not edited.