•n i n e•

"Very nice rainbow giraffe, Mars."

"Thanks, Adam. Your green zebra is looking fantastic." Adam and I were using the coloring books Connie and Julie gave me.

"When's your next game?" I put down my colored pencils and looked over at him.

"Tonight. I was you could come."

Oh, but I am going.

"I wish I could too." I placed my head on his shoulder and stuck my fork into my pancakes.

We continued to color and eat pancakes till he had to leave for his game.

"I'll come to see you after!"

"Ok, bye." He waves one more time before closing the door.

I hopped out of my bed and ran to the suitcase that was filled with my clothes.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

her outfit:)_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

her outfit:)
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Hey, Marley, time to go." my mom opened the door and saw me standing there, in actual clothes for the first time in two weeks.

"You look so good."

"Don't cry, " I hugged her around her shoulders and wiped some of her tears.

"Ok, ready?" my mom held my cheeks in her hands and looked me in the eyes.

I won't lie. I'm really nervous to go but excited to see the ducks. Plus, I haven't been to one of their games yet.

We packed up the rest of my stuff and checked out of the hospital. I said goodbye to my doctor and nurse, but my nurse, Patty, whispered something into my ear.

"Go marry that boy. I saw how close you two were." She pulled away and winked at me.

I told them goodbye one more time before we walked out of the hospital for good.

Goodbye iv's, goodbye constant check-ups, goodbye bad memories

We got into my mom's car and started our way to the school for the game.

We found a great parking spot and walked into the arena. I tried to calm my nerves as this is the place where everything happened. My mom put her arm around my shoulders and squeezed my arm to try and help.

She opened the door for us and I was welcomed by the smell of sweat and gym. (you know that smell?)

I walked past the varsity locker rooms and tried to keep my head up high.

My mom leads me to their seats and I saw this curly-headed woman wave to my mom and pat the seat next to her.

"Hi, Colette! And you just be Marley! Nice to meet you, I'm Casey Conway, Charlie's mom." She shook my hand and I say down in between her and my mom.