•t h r e e•

"I expect this project to be finished by the end of the week. You are dismissed." Everyone started standing up and grabbing their things.

"Ms. Julian, could you please stay after class?" My teacher, Mr. Xander asked me.

"Um, sure." I saw Adam look back at me before he walked out of the door and heading to the cafeteria.

Hopefully, he'll tell them where I am.

"Ms. Julian, we need to talk about your grades." Mr. Xander hopped up onto the desk I was sitting at. I looked down at the notebook I was holding and just nodded.

"Look at me when I speaking to you, Marley."

I peaked over at the door and he must have seen me do that because he immediately stood up and shut the door and closed the blinds to the windows.

"There are ways we can fix these grades. I just need you to do a couple of simple tasks." He pulled a chair up next to mine and leaned up against his knees.

"You have a couple of options. First, you can come to help me with some things after class. Two, do my yard work and you must do exactly what I say. Or, we can go to the third option, I get complete control over you and what you do while at school, and if I need your 'help' after school. How do those sound?" He placed his hand on my knee and whispered something in my ear.

"Or I can just give you little surprises to pleasure the both of us. And you will get an easy A." He pulled away and grabbed my chin.

"You can tell me your decision after class tomorrow, okay?" I nodded my head and he patted my back.

"Have a good day, Marley." He opened the door and lightly pushed me out the door.

What the fuck just happened?

I walked down the empty halls making my way towards the library.

I'm not hungry.

I was turning the corner and I bumped into someone who was obviously taller than me. I looked up to come face to face with a familiar pair of blue eyes I've become used to these last couple of weeks.

"Hey, are you okay? I was just about to come to get you to make sure you were ok."

Shit, what do I say?

"Yea, it's all good." I peeked around his shoulders seeing the library door right there.

"Marley, you shaking." Adam grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look up at him. He furrowed his eyebrows and started walking me towards his locker.

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Marley?"

"I think I might need to go home." I removed Adam's hand from my chin and walked towards the front of the school.

Dad's gonna kill me when he sees I left school.

••••

"Marley Jane!"

Fucking shit.

I carefully crept down the stairs to see my dad standing at the counter and with arms leaning up against cheap marble.

"Why did leave school early? Without permission?" My dad looked up at me and folded his arms across his chest.

"I- I just needed to leave."

"Because?"

"I-I-I just needed-"

"Stop fucking stuttering!" He slammed his hands down onto the counter and stared me down.