•o n e•

Eden Hall Academy.

I never thought that we would have gotten into here. I mean it wasn't surprising for Diego because he is a God on the ice.

I grew up playing hockey with Diego but one day it just didn't click anymore and I found other passions.

My parents never understood that Diego and I are very different. He loves hockey and sports. I love animals and writing. Just because we came from the same womb doesn't mean we are exactly alike.

"Mars, let's go!" Diego called my name from down the hall and knocked on my door to get my attention.

"Coming, " I muttered not wanting him to hear.

"Come on Penny." I patted my leg and Penny jumped down from my bed.

Penny is our golden cocker spaniel. She's is the perfect mix between feisty and sweet, and she hates Diego so that's a major win for me.

Penny and I trotted down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom held her coffee mug.

"Good morning Marley, Diego is waiting outside for you. Have a good day." She kissed me on the head and handed me a paper bag that most likely held my lunch.

I kissed Penny as walked out the door to see Diego leaning against a stop sign pole.

"Hey, fuckface."

"Hello, asshat."

Yes, that's how we communicate. No, you can not take it.

"You excited to meet your new teammates?" I tried to start a conversation.

"Yea, I just hope I don't screw up at practice today. Oh, and mom said we have to walk home because dad has a meeting and mom is working late shifts." Diego stared down at me as he told me the new information.

Great.

"There's the bus." I pointed towards the big yellow vehicle that was coming our way.

Once the bus pulled up and opened its doors we hopped right on. I gave a polite wave to the driver and went to find a seat.

I spotted the ever so golden seat that every introvert guns for.

That one single seat in the back.

I got situated in my seat and relaxed against the plastic rough back.

"Excuse me, " This brown head girl next to me got my attention and smiled brightly.

"Hi, I'm Connie, and this is Julie!" Connie stuck her perfectly manicured hand out to shake.

"I'm Marley, nice to meet you." I accepted the handshake and thought about how two gorgeous girls talked to me. A stranger.

"I wonder if we have classes together? Can I see your schedule?" Connor reached her hand out as I snatched the paper from inside my backpack.

"Here, " I watched as she and Julie carefully looked over and pointed to certain classes.

"We have lunch, math, and English together! That's exciting! " Connie handed me back the paper and looked forward at some boys towards the front.

"Just so you know, that's the JV hockey team up there. And it seems like you have the same schedule as Adam Banks." She points her finger at a boy sitting in the aisle seat talking to someone across from him.

"Oh, I could introduce you two since you're new here!" Connie's face became bright as she thought of the idea.

"How did you know I was new?" I started at the girl as she gave me a simple answer back.