We are not brothers

The sunlight couldn't reach the basement cause it was under the level of the ground, the reason why it was so cold down there, Sir Thomas kindly gave me a jacket when he understood I was going to spend some time between all those old stuff to find something I didn't even know.

The basement of Villa Krol was very different than how a basement should look like, it was very clean and it looked more like an archive.

The old kind man showed me the part of the room where the boxes were filled with the things of Johanna Diaz Krol, what a beautiful name she had it's the first thing that came up to my mind. I started to open the boxes one by one, in the first one the only things I could find were candles and towels, I guessed she loved Vanilla because there were thousands of candles with this scent.

I left the box behind my back and I opened another one, it was bigger and heavy, I paid attention to not break what was inside the box and I slowly took off the big thing: it was an Italian Ceramic vase, adorned with relief designs which showed the sea waves and the sun, up in a blue sky.

It was so beautiful and it looked very expensive, although I didn't know what I was looking for in the basement, I wanted to do something nice for Benji. And as my hands touched that precious piece of memory, my heart suggested what was going to be my present for him. I guessed I had to find some Vanilla Flowers, so I took the vase with me to my bedroom.

I spent the whole day cleaning that vase, I put all my efforts to make it look good as if it never was abandoned into a basement

I spent the whole day cleaning that vase, I put all my efforts to make it look good as if it never was abandoned into a basement. Sir Thomas told me that Johanna loved all orange flowers and it wasn't easy to find some, but we did it together and looking up at the clock right at the moment when all our hard work was at its last, it was almost dinner time.

"Thanks for your help, Sir Thomas!" - "No problem! But why did you decided to take this old vase? We could have bought a new one for you" - "Oh it's not for me it's a present! I wanted to do something nice for Benji." - the old man smiled at me without saying a word, he agreed with my idea, but he had a lot to do before the dinner would have started, so he left the room and I had all the time to take a shower and change my clothes for dinner.

When the time on the clock pointed 20:00 we were ready to start our family time around the table, adorned for the dinner: Blake Krol loved the sophisticated food so the first course they served was sushi with tuna and avocado, after that, they served some meat.

I couldn't tell the difference between the three different types of meat they served but they were all so good I felt fully happy after my meal. Although Benji talked about his dad with not kind words, he never stopped smiling that night, not even for a second! It looked like he wanted to give a chance to that new family he had, and this made me so happy.

It was a nice time, my mother told us that she was going to begin a new career in Blake's factory and she would have been busy from the day after. I wasn't really worried about it, I was used to spending time alone at home when she worked the whole day in a cafeteria. I was happy for her new job, she looked so excited.