Purebred Horse

The day used to start early in the place where servants used to prepare breakfast at 8 am to please Mr. Blake Krol before his workday started as usual.

The old man wanted to have breakfast with his new family, and he made it sure to be a tradition to keep in the future, that's why the night before I found a letter under my door inviting me to be an active member of my new family with joining that breakfast.

I was nervous that morning, it felt like a huge event when it was just breakfast or that's what I thought. It was more important than just food, Blake was excited about the return of his son and asked Sir Thomas to set a table that I could only imagine. I tried to dress up the best that I could, trying to not look like I was going to another wedding,

I didn't find very comfy clothes in the new closet that my stepbrother gently bought for me. I did my best to be ready for the right time and I left my room, walking downstairs, where the staff was running in corridors setting the table before my new stepfather walked outside his bedroom.

"Can I help you somehow?" I asked to a maid who was carrying a tray full of food, it was so clear to me she had difficulty handling all the weight on her skinny arms. She smiled at me, refusing my help, because I was a member of the family now and servants would never let me help or move a finger to do something for them.

I never felt special or important, for sure I never wanted to be treated like a rich kid, but they only followed the rules as they were used to. For this I gave up trying to help and I followed her to the lunch room, in the going there, I walked in front of a huge mirror and I took my time to check out if I looked ok for the breakfast: the only things I could find comfortable to start my day were a black Valentino polo shirt and a pair of dark jeans short on my knees, along with Nike black shoes.

My hair was a bit messy, but it wasn't a big deal, in few minutes Sir Thomas walked close to me smiling and greeting - "Good morning Sir! How was your first night in the new bedroom?" - sentence to which I smiled and nodded - "It was so great! I can't believe that's really my room!" - "Oh good! Mr. Benjamin will he happy to hear that!".

My mind went back into thoughts when his name came out in the conversation, I smiled, thinking about the gift that Benjamin projected only for me. I never felt special before but I couldn't ignore the feeling of being excited about having a new brother!

I was so nervous to meet him, and as the door opened, my head came back to earth:

 "Is everything ready!?"- Blake walked down the stairs holding my mother's hand, they looked like a married couple, as they were

"Is everything ready!?"- Blake walked down the stairs holding my mother's hand, they looked like a married couple, as they were. With a smile on his face that could have lightened up the whole city, as he probably was already doing, he sat down in front of the table that was prepared for the food necessary to feed 30 people. We were just three.

Mr. Krol looked around for some seconds, he was looking for his son, and he couldn't start thinking about the worse because the door opened and the young boy walked in. I waited before sitting on my chair, walking to my new stepbrother to greet him.