Chapter 15- Taste of Apple Cider

Adriana P.O.V.

I nearly drooled at the sight of Norman's car. He had a fully restored sleek black 1959 Cadillac Sedan Deville with red racing stripes. He rolled down the window and I nearly laughed in his face.

With the badass car you would expect a delinquent in sunglasses with a lip ring to be behind the wheel but instead sat Norman, with his glasses perched on his nose and a silly grin on his face. I found myself smiling back. He rested an arm out the window and patted the side of the car.

"Hop in."

I walked around to the passenger's side and nearly melted into a puddle. He had new leather seats put in and you could see the new speaker system. I ran my hand over the dashboard and sighed. I turned to Norman and pouted.

"What the hell? How come I get a shitty Jeep and you get a Cadillac?"

Norman chuckled and turned on the ignition. The car purred to life and buzzed under my feet. If this wasn't my first date I would say its my best date ever just because of the car. I turned to Norman.

"So where are we going?"

Norman grinned and didn't look up from the road as he replied,

"It's a surprise."

I whined and touched his arm. I couldn't help but notice how he jumped and slightly tensed under my hand.

"Just tell me."

Norman shook his head and when he turned to look at me I pouted. He turned back to the road.

"The best kind of prize is a surprise."

I rolled by eyes.

"Whatever Willy Wonka."

Norman chuckled and continued to drive.
~~~~~~~~~
A finger poked between my shoulder blades persistently. Groaning, I rolled over.

"Adriana wake up we are here."

I mentally rolled my eyes and ignored the annoying voice disturbing my peaceful sleep.

Suddenly, hands grabbed my sides and tickled me furiously. I screamed and wiggle in my car seat, trying to get away from Norman. Norman laughed evilly and continued to attack my sides. I batted him away, laughing breathlessly and tears gathered at the corners of my vision. Norman chuckled and opened the car door. He got out but before he closed the door he poked his head in and teased,

"You drool in your sleep."

I gasped and furiously wiped at my mouth. Norman's chuckle echoed through the car and I blushed. I got out of the car and wind pulled at my hair. I looked around and saw we were in an orchard. The sweet smell of apples washed over me and a few petals fell from the blossoms blooming on the trees and tumbled and danced on the breeze around me. The blue sky was lovely and bright and the sun beat down on my back. I turned to Norman and he smiled sheepishly at me.

"I know that this isn't a classic first date..."

I placed a finger over his lips, smiled at him and whispered,

"It's perfect Norman."

He grinned and stepped onto a dirt road and offered me his hand. I shyly took it and we walked down the road together.

"My grandparents own this orchard. I have come here every spring since I was six years old."

I tightened my grip on his large hand and smiled up at him.

"That sounds really nice. I have always lived in the city. I wish I could live somewhere like this."

I let go of his hand and spun around in the fluttering petals of the apple trees. Norman leaned against a tree and watched me with amusement. I fell back on the soft baby spring grass and sighed in contentment. Norman flopped down on the grass next to me and grabbed my hand. I lifted my hand and pointed to the fluffy clouds dancing across the sky.