Chapter 34- The Strongest of Loves

Jake P.O.V.

I swallowed another mouthful of lobster risotto as my mother droned on about money and business to a pile of old stiff-necked business owners. What joy.

I distractedly twirled my spoon and my mind drifted to Ri.

I felt really bad about what I said, I really did. But when I saw her over at Max's house, a strange anger had taken over me and I lashed out at Ri. I couldn't really believe I had kicked her out of my car on the side of the highway. That was a really good boyfriend move.

I had already sent out ten butlers to search for her and pick her up. I had plans all ready to give her a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream and the movie Titanic. Then I would kiss her and tell her how sorry I was and she would kiss me back and all would be forgiven.

A beep sounded softly in the small microphone Bluetooth device I had in my ear. I clicked it and listened,

"We cannot find her sir. I suggest we call a more specialized force."

I growled in irritation. Where the hell could she have gone?

"Do it."

I clicked it off and turned to my mother, placing my napkin on my seat as I stood up. I gave a slight bow to our guests and made myself sound apologetic,

"I am terribly sorry, but a serious personal matter has risen that I have to tend to, so I will be excusing myself now. Have a good day."

I rushed out of the room before my annoying mother could stop me, my mind only focused on my beloved Ri.

~~~~~~~~

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE WAS ABDUCTED?!"

The agent in front of me barely flinched to his credit. He replied briskly,

"We found tire tracks and foot prints that showed someone exited the car and someone joined in getting back in. Do you have any suspects, sir?"

It hit me like a flash. I growled,

"Norman Stiller..."

The agent looked surprised,

"You mean the heir of the famous Stiller company?"

I nodded and ran to my car, launching myself inside and speeding down the road to Norman's house.

Norman's maid, May, opened the door with a big hearty grin.

"Mr. Collins! What brings you here, son?"

Normally, I wasn't rude but at the moment I was so scared and angry I brushed past her and yelled,

"NORMAN! COME FACE ME LIKE A MAN YOU COWARD!"

I heard the paddle of feet and Norman appeared from around the corner of his balcony in a bathrobe. He perched his glasses on his nose and glared at me,

"What the hell's your problem, Collins?!"

I shook my fist at him,

"It's Ri! Give her back!"

Norman ran up to me and snapped,

"What the hell are you talking about I don't have her! I dropped her off at her house!"

I didn't hesitate to punch him in the gut as hard as I could,

"Don't fucking lie to me! Why would you be a nice guy?!"

Norman gasped,

"I felt guilty ok?! I realized I had been acting like a spoiled brat and I tried to fix things! Honest! I picked her up off the highway and drove her to her house!"