Chapter 18- Fresh Wounds

Adriana P.O.V.

As I walked to class the next day my head was spinning. Jake had gotten me the roses? Why would he give me roses? Should I just leave it or should I ask? I was really curious so maybe I should ask.

I was startled out of my thoughts when I was smashed into a locker. My nose bent at a painful angle and I felt my eyes water. A familiar giggle sounded right behind my ear.

Tirana snarled in my ear,

"Oh sorry slut, your fat ass just takes up so much room I couldn't get by."

Her followers laughed and I felt myself turn red in humiliation. People in the hallways stopped and watched, laughing and whispering to each other.

A few traitorous tears fell down my blazing cheeks and of course Tirana noticed.

She gasped mockingly,

"Oh sorry sweetie do you not like the truth being pointed out?"

I ignored her and stared blankly at the locker in front of my. I felt sharp pedicured nails dig into my cheek, trying to make me turn my head.

Tirana snarled,

"Look at me when I am talking to you, slut."

I bit back every insult on the tip of my tongue. I gasped when a stinging slap was delivered to my cheek. Every watching laughed and pointed at me. I bowed my head, refusing to give her the satisfaction of a reaction.

A knee was driving into my gut and I gasped as the air was knocked out of me.

"Don't ignore me, bitch!"

I nearly doubled over but I refused to look up at her. Two of her followers slipped behind me and grabbed my shoulders and held me up. Tirana slowly walked towards me, her heels clipping loudly on the tile of the hallway.

She crossed her arms and smirked at me.

"You know what I have heard, whore? That you have asked out nearly every guy in the school and even forcefully kissed a few of them. Who knows what you do outside of school? I probably could ask any guy in this town and find out."

She shoved my back into the locker as hard as she could. I cried out in agony. The cuts where the mug had been embedded in my back were still healing and sensitive. I felt blood drip down my back and I knew she must have opened a few of the deep scratches.

Tirana laughed,

"Oh did that hurt bitch? I didn't even push you that hard, how pathetic."

Everyone laughed and agreed with her, whispering about how fat and ugly I was. Tears now flowed down my cheeks, due to the pain in my heart and back.

Tirana's friends made me turn around and I winced. I knew the blood must have leaked and soaked my white t-shirt. I heard gasped of horror and even Tirana was shocked,

"What the hell I didn't even push you that hard."

I felt fingers at the hem of my shirt and my heart leaped into my throat. They were going to lift it up and see the scars and healing bruises and then everyone would know my own father rejected me and couldn't stand me!

I started to flail, ignoring the ripping feeling in my back. I couldn't let them see!

The hand on my shirt vanished and I heard a booming voice yell,

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?"

I twisted my neck, expecting to see Norman or even Jake but instead I saw Reece.