Chapter 12- I Pig out in Front of my Crush's Mother

Adriana P.O.V.

In the end I settled for a loose white sundress with a black bow around the waist. I sat down at the vanity and stared blankly at the different beauty products. It stuck me that as much as I had always wanted to buy and wear make-up I had no idea how to put it on. I placed my forehead on the vanity and groaned. What seventeen year old doesn't know how to put on make-up?

"Adriana...?"

Lucas's quiet voice came from the doorway and he knocked lightly. I looked up with tears in my eyes. Lucas frowned and rushed over to me.

"Oh darling what's wrong?"

I felt my lower lip tremble slightly and I felt embarrassed as I whispered,

"I have never had my own make-up before. I don't know how to put it on."

Lucas frowned and silently pulled up a chair up to the vanity beside me. He picked up a stick of black eyeliner and lifted it up to his eye.

"You put it on like this. Don't push to hard but with enough pressure to mark the lid."

Lucas turned to me with eyeliner around his laughing brown eyes. I giggled and pointed at his eyes, trying not to burst out laughing. Lucas frowned in mocking insult. He jumped up from his chair and placed his hand on his hip and did a ridiculously provocative pose. He pouted,

"Don't you think I look pretty?"

I giggled and assured him,

"You look very pretty Lucas. Can you please finish showing me please?"

Lucas showed me how to put on eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, power, blush, mascara, lip liner, and lip stick. In the end he looked like a Barbie doll and I was holding my stomach rolling on the ground with laughter. Lucas was laughing too and flopped onto the ground beside me. That was how Alyssa found us.

"Adriana, Mister Jake will see you n-"

She froze and stared at us, her dark eyes stretched wide with surprise. The tips of her lips quirked up into an amused smile. She had a little blush on her cheeks as she stared at Lucas. Alyssa tore her gaze away from Lucas and told me politely,

"Mister Jake will see you now."

I hauled myself to my feet and looked into a mirror. I actually looked pretty. Not sexy just plain pretty. Lucas had done my make-up and put my hair in a twist. I still had my glasses on and was barefoot. I had always hated wearing shoes. I waved Alyssa and Lucas good-bye and went off in search of the dining room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I puffed my cheeks in frustration as I opened and closed an uncountable amount of doors. Why did a house need so many rooms?! I peered my head into what looked like a club. I rolled my eyes and nearly slammed the door. Who needs a personal club?! I suddenly felt hands snake around my waist and I felt a deep chuckle vibrate against my back. I stiffened.

"Lost Bookworm? Library is to the right."

I frowned and wiggled out of his arms even though my heart told me to go back. I was angry and I scoffed,

"It's not my fault you have such a ridiculous house. A put-put course? Seriously who the hell needs a personal put-put course?"

Jake chuckled and grabbed my arm, sending tingles racing up my arm. My heart pounded slightly and I found myself gazing up at his face. He really was perfect. Jake pulled me all the way to the dining room. I lost track of how many turns and stairs we went up and down. When we reached the creme spotless dining room I threw my hands up in the air.