Chapter 16- Bad Boy Incogneto

Jake P.O.V.

I paced in the front foyer and raked my fingers through my messy hair in worry. Adriana still hadn't come home after my episode and it was nearly midnight. Alyssa sat at the bottom of the staircase and watched me pace back and forth. She looked bored as she mumbled into her hand,

"Can I get you anything, sir?"

An idea suddenly popped into my head. I snapped my fingers and ordered,

"Go and get me Lucas."

Alyssa dipped her hand and went to get Lucas. I ran my fingers through my hair and was truly baffled. The thought of her leaving or being somewhere I couldn't protect her absolutely terrified me. I had never felt so helpless and weak before.

Alyssa snapped me out of my thoughts. She presented Lucas and left the foyer. I glared at Lucas and took a deep breath. As much as I disliked him, I needed him to help me right now.

"Do you have Adriana's phone number?"

Lucas nodded solemnly,

"Yes sir I do."

I held out my hand.

"Give me your phone."

Lucas reluctantly shuffled forward and placed the iPhone in my palm. I clicked it on and instantly glared at him. His lock screen picture was a picture of a sleeping Adriana. Her gentle features were relaxed and her lips were tipped up slightly in a smile. I couldn't help but wonder what she had been dreaming about. A tiny part of me hoped it was me.

Lucas blushed slightly but remained silent. I dismissed him with a wave of my hand, still starring at the picture of Adriana. A large part me was furious that he had taken this picture but a small part of me was glad I got to see it.

I opened the phone and pulled up Adriana's number after I sent the picture to my phone. I pressed call and help the phone up to my ear. The ringing filled my ears as I waited. I heard a faint click as she picked up. I felt myself smile and I opened my mouth to speak when a husky raspy male voice sounded on the other line.

"Hello?"

I felt rage flood through my veins and I snarled into the phone,

"Who the hell is this?"

When he replied I felt my blood run cold.

"Norman Stiller who is this? Why are you calling Adriana?"

I gripped the phone so tightly I'm surprised it didn't crack and shatter. I'm sure there are plenty of other Norman Stillers' in the area. It couldnt possibly be the Norman that was the future owner of Stiller Corporation, my family's biggest rival.

I snapped,

"This is Jake Collins. May I ask why you have Adriana's phone?"

I heard a dry laugh on the other end of the line and I felt my face flush with anger. Damn I hated Norman, and not just because he liked Adriana. He always made himself appear as a sweet innocent nerd when he was really a manipulative liar.

"Well well Jake Collins. Didn't expect to be talking to you this evening. I have Adriana's phone because she fell asleep after our WONDERFUL date and the ringing was disturbing her so I answered it."

Norman took Adriana on a date?! I tried desperately to make my voice steely calm.

"Can you please take her home?"

"Ah of course but I do not know where she lives. Care to enlighten me?"

I couldn't keep the haughty pride out of my voice.