Chapter 16: The Conference

We sat side by side are hands never leaving each other's touch.
We sat patiently as Mr.Cho wrote up the discipline referrals and made some phone calls to our parents.
Jiwoo would glare at us every once in a while anger in her eyes at the sight of me and Solbi.
"Your parents are here" Mr.Cho said just like his words Jiwoo and Solbi's parents came into the conference room, my halmeoni last to enter.
I felt tension in the room as the Kim Family and Lee Family began shooting glares at one another. They were both wealthy families who owned big corporations.
Then there was my grandmother her frail body taking a seat next to Mr.Cho as she sighed disappointed.
I hadn't meant to get in trouble but she will understand why I am. That's just how my grandmother was understanding.
Just how she understood when my father had to be put behind bars.
Halmeoni had raised me since I was ten before that I was living with my father, he had a gambling problem. We lost everything.
My mother had bailed out on me and my father. My father was so depressed he had began to gamble even more eventually he was sent to prison after starting a fight at a bar.
My Halmeoni took the responsibility of my fathers debt, it was alright at first but then she started getting sick after a fall in the shop and we had to pay medical bills. That's when Daehyun started asking for more money. I had started working with Daehyun to pay off the rest of the debt but once I got into his world there was no way out.

Solbi P.O.V

"What is my reason to being here?" My father asked abruptly.
"Your daughter has been involved in peer conflict she had Injured a student" Mr.Cho replied referring to Jiwoo's nose bleed.
I felt my appa's eyes turn cold as he directed his attention on me.
"You should teach your daughter some better manners" Mister Lee muttered directing the comment towards my father.
" And you should teach your daughter to not anger others" My father suddenly flipped the cards on the Lee Family. My father was somehow defending me in someway.
"Alright, we shouldn't tart an argument between us adults but figure out what would be better for the children" The two older men grunted loudly agreeing to whatever Mr.Cho was about to say.
"And what do you think will be better for my grandson" Suga's Halmeoni asked having little idea why her grandson was sitting in this conference.
"I have decided it's better if Miss Kim stops tutoring Min Yoongi he is becoming a bad influence for the top student"Mr.Cho said averting his gaze to Suga who didn't say anything just sat back used to Mr.Cho viewing him as a bad child when he didn't know anything about Suga other than his criminal record.
"I agree, Solbi has been more out of control than her usual I think it's better if you keep your grandson away for my daughter" My appa said to Mrs.Cho.
Suga tensed up about to get up from his seat and walk out when I squeezed his hand.
Why was my father wanting to play the role father by taking away the only friend I have?
"And for Miss Kim and Miss Lee you two will be bunking the whole class trip at jeju island to squash any conflicts between you two" Jiwoo groaned loudly just before her parents glared at her.
"I would rather not have the girls together but they must learn a lesson" Mister Lee agreed with Mr.Cho leaving the company rivalry to the side.
"Then I guess everything is settled here" Mr.Cho smiled getting up to shake hands with all the parents before leaving the conference room.
My father and Mister Lee exchanged looks before Jiwoo and her parents left.
" Let's go Solbi" My father said noticing the way Suga stood by my side not wanting to let go of me.
"Yoongi I have to go to a doctors appointment we should get going" Mrs.Choi broke any sudden tension.
Suga nodded letting go of my hand slowly then all together.
I watched as he left with his grandmother.
I followed my father to the car in silence I knew sooner or later he would begin expressing his disappointment.
"I don't want you around that troublemaker, today you have embarrassed not only me but the Kim family line and the family company"I got into the backseat of the car putting on my seatbelt.
"He's not a troublemaker his name is Yoongi" I shot back as my father started the car up.
"I don't want you around trash like him he is no good for you" My pulse raced as my blood boiled.
How could he say that! He knows nothing about Suga!
"When did you suddenly know what's good for me? When did you begin to care about what's good for me! Did you even care about what was good for me when you ruined omma when you ruined our family! You say I'm making the family look bad when you've already succeeded at that!-" I felt the hard hand of my fathers come across my face.
I could taste the metallic of blood in my mouth coming from my busted lip.
"Get out." My father said his eyes as cold as ice showing no love.
No remorse.
He knew what he had done to my mother, he knew it very well.
I got out the car walking into the night, wanting the world to swallow me up whole.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N: Okay so get ready for a Daehyun seen next chapter. When Daehyun officially meets Solbi.
Oh yea and more interactions coming between Solbi and Sohee.