Chapter 1

NARUTO'S POV

I have just passed the genin exams. I was sitting with Sasuke, who lost his clan a few years ago and Sakura, a pink haired girl whom I consider as my sister. I was getting bored as Iruka sensei was still giving a lecture to the passed teams. So I started talking with Kurama whom I had known a long time ago.

Soon Iruka sensei completed his lecture and started assigning us to the teams.

"Team 7= Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura and Uchiha Sasuke led by Hatake Kakashi
Team 8= Inuzaka Kiba, Hyuga Hinata and Aburame Shino led by Yuhi Kurenai
Team 9 was already made last year.
Team 10= Nara Shikamaru, Yamanaka Ino and Akimichi Choji led by Sarutobi Asuma"

After Iruka exited the room, the jonin instructors started taking their respective teams except Team 7.

Soon the door opened again and revealed a jonin with silver gravity defying hair, wearing a mask and a hitai ate on one of his eyes.

I threw a kunai at him because I hated the people who come late. The kunai cut some of his hair on his head and the jonin froze. I looked at him and said "I hate those people who are late."

"Sorry blondie, I was lost on a path called life."

"Of course you are always lost in a path of life." I said sarcastically.

The man's only visible eye twitched. "Alright, meet me at the rooftop within 5 minutes."

He then shunshined away.

Sasuke and Sakura started going through stairs. Meanwhile, after they left, I went to the window and started walking on the tree, literally.

The jonin was surprised to see me on the rooftop. He gave me an eye smile and asked " From whom did you learnt the tree climbing.

I said "Someone taught me".

"Who?"

"None of your business." He then dropped the subject.

The jonin said "Alright, Now introduce yourself and mention you likes, dislikes hobbies and dreams"

I piped in and said " Why don't you go first?"

"My name is Kakashi Hatake...........( Goes on just like in the canon.)
5 minutes later

"Please, come tomorrow morning for a test to determine if you are ready to be a genin or not. And I suggest you not to eat anything tomorrow."
"But we are already genins." I said.
He gave me an eye smile and said"To weed out the weak ones."
Sasuke and Sakura went away leaviing me and Kakashi sensei.
I left after I threatened him to take off his mask if he doesn't come early the next day.
"Well he deserved it, kit." Kurama commented.

Edit: I just realised that I have to write more than 1K words in a chapter from HikaruNamikaze. Thank you for your advice Hikaru.

To the readers: From the wave arc part 2 I will try to write more than 1k words. True, I have written over 1k in wave arc 1 but it was unintentional.
Edit 2: I don't understand why the readers are only reading the first chapter. Please comment what you didn't like and I will try to improve it.