The Ledge

(FYI: dates are fudged a bit here :) )

Stevie and Lindsey finished the nursery just in time. The pale yellow room had two cribs side by side, assembled by Lindsey as Stevie watched him continuously throw out the building instructions, say a  bunch of expletives under his breath, and grab the instructions again.

What is it with men and instructions?

At Stevie's last doctor's appointment, the doctor told her that starting in a week, she should be on bed rest because the babies would be coming very soon. As soon as Lindsey heard that, he would not let her lift a finger, even though she didn't technically have to be on bed rest for a few more days. 

Stevie was in her bed, doing what Lindsey wanted her to do because she didn't have energy to fight when she picked up her journal because she was feeling fidgety. 

Hello Little Ones~

You two are growing so big! I can't believe how fast time is going. It feels like just yesterday the nice doctor told me and Daddy that there were two of you! I hope you're sharing nicely and everything in there~ no fighting! You two love to dance in my belly when me and Daddy sing to you, and I see you've also found a comfy spot right on Mommy's bladder. Since you are almost here, the doctor wants me on bed rest soon to get ready. I still have a few days, but Daddy is making me stay in bed most of the day. He loves you so much and doesn't want anything to happen! We have the Grammy awards coming up soon~ can you believe your Mommy and Daddy are Grammy nominated musicians? I can't. I'm so excited to bring you two with me! Well Little Ones, I think I'm going to take a nap and dream about you.

I love you, my precious angels.

~Mommy

As much as Stevie wanted to go on bed rest because she was so tired and everything hurt, she was thankful that she would still be able to go to the Grammys. Fleetwood Mac was nominated for Album of the Year, and Stevie knew that she was not going to miss it. 

"Are you sure you want to go? I mean, you can barely make it from the living room to the kitchen without getting out of breath. We can just watch it from the couch." Lindsey really didn't want his pregnant wife going and just wanted her to rest.

"Lindsey Adams Buckingham, I am going to this award show whether you like it or not, and my babies are coming with me! Now help me to the bathroom, I have to pee." In perfect "yes, dear" fashion, Lindsey helped Stevie up. She had curlers in her hair as she had to start getting ready way before him. 

She didn't want to tell Lindsey, but she felt more tired today than she'd felt thus far in her pregnancy. Something just felt off to her, but she attributed it to nerves about the show and having to see so many people who would probably be asking a million questions.

Photos of them from the day in the mall had made it to the press, and the couple still hadn't made an official announcement. Stevie felt like they didn't need to. It's no secret that they were in love, so why should they have to make a big deal about it? She wanted this part of her life to be as normal as possible, or at least as normal as it could be. 

A few hours passed and Lindsey showered and looked to see what Stevie picked out for him to wear. She picked out flowered shirt cut into a deep v-neck that would show his chest off. Stevie couldn't keep her hands off him recently, so he wasn't surprised at what she picked out. Next to the shirt was a black blazer and some dark washed jeans. 

"Why can't I just wear a normal suit?" 

"Cause you're a sexy rock and roll star!" Stevie winked and smiled as she urged her husband to wear what she picked out for him. 

"Now, zip me up please." Stevie sucked in as much as she could, knowing that it was pretty much impossible to suck in this far along.  

Stevie turned back around to face Lindsey and his eyes went wide as he looked at the front of her dress. She was wearing a dark lacy dress with a deep neckline that laced up- nothing like Lindsey had seen her in recently. 

"Hey Buck, my eyes are up here!" Stevie joked.

"Steph, you just look" he gulped "hot." Lindsey grabbed her and have her a passionate kiss.

"What, just because I'm gonna be a mom doesn't mean I have to dress like one!" she joked and gave him a pat on the behind. "Can you please do this for me to?" She handed him her crescent moon necklace and he gently put it on as she held her hair up off of her neck. 

"Thanks honey. Now finish up, I wanna get there before it gets too crazy." Stevie gave him a quick peck on the cheek. 

Lindsey obliged and soon they were out the door and on the way to the Grammys. On the way, the strange feeling Stevie had been feeling seemed to get worse. She tried to ignore it, as she was never comfortable these days no matter what she did. 

They were met by a million flashbulbs and people asking questions. 

"Yep, we got a few baby Bucks in here. I'm about ready to kick them out!" Stevie joked as she talked with some reporters while Lindsey talked to a few of his own. 

They finally got ushered into the auditorium where the ceremony would take place. Stevie grabbed a seat in-between Lindsey and Christine, one with easiest access to the bathroom because those babies were sitting right on her bladder. 

"Welcome to the 21st annual Grammy Awards!" Stevie intently watched the show as Lindsey grabbed her hand underneath the table. He looked at her in awe as he couldn't believe they had finally made it. Just a few years ago they got the call that Buckingham Nicks had been dropped by Polydor. This will show them! Lindsey thought to himself as he smiled. 

The show progressed and at the commercial break before Fleetwood Mac's category came up, Stevie left to go use the bathroom. 

She came back in a hurry and quietly whispered to Lindsey, "Linds, I think I'm in labor."