Big Love

"Seriously, Linds, what was that all about?" Stevie said to Lindsey in an annoyed voice while taking her makeup off for the night. "I was gonna tell them! Please don't give up on us, not yet" Stevie turned into the bathroom to continue her nightly routine as tears began forming. Lindsey tried to follow her in, but she abruptly shut the door. She couldn't help but think he didn't want to go through with their plan anymore. 

"What? Baby, no. Giving up is the last thing I'm thinking about right now. I want you today, I want you tomorrow, I want you every single day for the rest of my life." Stevie quietly opened the door to see him standing there like a defeated puppy.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Steph, of course I do. You know that. Ok wait, close your eyes. I'll be right back. " Stevie nervously agreed and waited for Lindsey to come back.

In a short while Lindsey returned to the room where Stevie impatiently awaited him.

"Ok, now open!" Lindsey proudly stuck out Ginny in his hands wearing a doggy shirt that read "Will you marry me?" Stevie inspected Ginny's new outfit and tears started to spill from her big brown eyes. Lindsey set Ginny down once Stevie got the message loud and clear, he dropped to one knee, and opened a velvet box with a gorgeous diamond ring sitting in the middle. 

"Now, if you would let me finish...I was planning to do this another time, but here we are. Steph, you are my everything. From the moment I met you when we were just teenagers I knew that we were destined to be together. I have many dreams, but you are my biggest dream...I've loved you since I was 17, and I know that I'll love you until forever and a day. Stephanie Lynn Nicks, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Stevie stood there speechless as Lindsey's knee began to feel needles and pins form. "Oh, Lindsey! Yes, of course I will marry you! I love you more than you'll ever know!" Instead of letting Lindsey stand up, Stevie jumped into his arms and tackled him into the floor showering him with kisses. He carefully slipped the ring onto her left hand, and began to cry himself. 

"That's what I was talking to your dad about. You know he scares the shit out of me, and I got so nervous I just had to do it at that exact moment. I couldn't wait any longer." Lindsey told Stevie after the couple came back down to Earth. 

"Linds, you've literally known the man like half of your life, I don't know why he still has this power over you!"

"Maybe if the baby is a girl, I'll be that way too. I'll be her fierce protector." Lindsey joked back.

"Speaking of the baby..." Stevie shyly said. "Well, maybe would you want to set the date before the baby comes? I've never liked long engagements, and well what better excuse would we have?" 

"I was thinking the same thing. And hey, I wouldn't need the excuse, anyway" Lindsey winked and beamed back to Stevie, embracing her tightly.