I Will Run to You

The next morning, Stevie was awoken by a strange feeling, like someone was watching her. She rolled over and her intuition was right. She saw two bright blue eyes staring at her. 

"Good morning, Angel" Lindsey smiled brightly. 

"Morning, honey. How long have you been awake?"

Lindsey looked to the clock and saw the time was 10:45am.

"Well, if my math is correct, it was..." Lindsey started to count on his fingers, "About 3 hours and 20 minutes." Lindsey was a notoriously early riser while Stevie couldn't be more opposite. He loved this about her though, because he got to admire her beauty for a few hours while she slept. 

"And why didn't you get up? Instead of starting at me like a creep" Stevie playfully pinched his arm. 

Laughing, Lindsey said, "I couldn't not watch you sleep. You're absolutely glowing, Steph. And plus, if I ran into either of your parents, I would've told them the good news. Both of our pieces of good news"

Stevie almost forgot what happened the night before when she as quickly remembered and  peered down onto her left hand seeing the diamond shining brightly in contrast with her gold band. 

"I was thinking, why don't we wait until after the wedding to tell them the other news?"

The couple had agreed on a short engagement, but neither of them knew what that really meant. Stevie knew that they would've gotten married within the next 7 months at the latest, but wasn't positive what Lindsey thought about it all. 

"Are you sure, babe? I mean, if I could marry you right now, I would. Think about it, we've been basically married before. We lived together and everything. It was pretty much a marriage minus the signatures, the dress, and the party. Speaking of living together, can you please just officially move in already?"

Stevie was shocked at his casual answer, but couldn't be happier. 

"Of course I'm sure, Buck. We'll tie the knot as soon as we can. And hey, I thought you'd never ask!" Stevie winked and began planning the renovations she would do on the house in her mind.  Stevie hopped out of bed and threw her pink robe on and dashed out of the bedroom, followed by Lindsey quickly throwing on jeans and a t-shirt over his boxers to almost race her downstairs.   

"Finally, Barbara look who decided to join us this morning." Jess said, having never understood how his daughter was such a night owl. 

"Morning, Daddy" Stevie answered shyly. Barbara had brought the family home some bagels and cream cheese for breakfast when Stevie and Lindsey walked over to the gorgeous spread sitting at the table. 

Stevie started to make her bagel, only using her left hand to do so to try and announce her new status as fiancé. Lindsey looked to her and knew exactly what she was doing, impatiently waiting for Jess or Barbara to notice the brand new addition to their daughter's finger.  

Neither Barbra nor Jess noticed anything, as their daughter had always had some quirky tendencies, but they attributed that to her being an artist. Suddenly, Barbara nearly choked on her coffee when she realized what Stevie was doing. 

"Stephanie, is that? Are you two-"

Before she could finish her thought, Lindsey proudly announced, "Yes, we are engaged! I asked her last night with the help of our little fur baby! We couldn't be happier." Barbara teared up a bit and got up to hug Stevie and inspect the ring. 

Jess proudly shook Lindsey's hand and then embraced him in a paternal hug. "Ya did good, kid" Jess said to Lindsey after seeing Stevie's happiness and the beautiful ring. 

Ginny was excitedly wagging her tail as Lindsey patted her head and said, "thanks for all the help" to the pup.

Barbara and Stevie begun to talk about the wedding and all the details. They were both so excited and Lindsey couldn't be happier. 

After breakfast, or more like lunch since it was already that time of day, Barbara and Stevie went to the drugstore to pick out some bridal magazines while Lindsey picked on his guitar and Jess was making work phone calls. 

"Oooh, look at this one!" Barbara pointed to a big white dress in one of the magazines.

"That's alright, but I want something a bit more flowy, ya know?" The two women were waiting on line to check out at the drug store when Stevie started to not feel so well. She chalked it up to nerves about the engagement or some sort of morning sickness and tried to get it out of her mind.