Chapter Four

Krist has a lot of friends. This is mainly the reason why his phone won't stop vibrating and lighting up. Causing a disturbance in his alarm, he groggily reached his hand up to his bedside table and held his phone. Seeing over 56 missed calls from his friends and five from his manager. He knew setting his phone on silent was a good idea.

His phone was still vibrating, indicating on the screen that his best friend, Mike, was calling. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he answered the call, putting the phone to his ear and leaving his other arm to cover his eyes. Still laid on the bed, he heard a loud shout from his phone, "Fucking finally! You answered my call!"

"Mike, I just woke up."

"Kit, what the hell did you post last night? You're engaged? And you didn't tell me? Were you hiding your relationship from me because this is seriously the first time I've seen you interact with Singto!" Mike yelled over the phone, his tone exasperated.

Groaning, Krist answered, "One question at a time, jeez. No, I wasn't hiding it from you, and it's an arranged marriage. We've literally just met a few days ago."

"But, in the photo, you looked really close! I wouldn't doubt that you guys were together," he replied, a little confused.

"Maybe we do fit together nicely, but we're seriously not. It was all arranged."

"Eh?" Mike made a doubt of doubt, "Krist, I've known you for like half of my life and I've never seen you look at a person like that, not even your past exes."

This made Krist take off his arm covering his eyes and sat upon the bed in shock, "Really?"

"Pft, you're whipped, bro," Mike laughed, Krist can hear his amusement from the phone.

Krist rolled his eyes, "No, I'm not. By the way, the wedding is next week." Hearing a crashing sound from the other end, "Mike, is everything alright there?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S ON NEXT WEEK?"

The actor stood up from the bed, and walked towards the door, heading for the kitchen to bring out a glass of water, "Yeah. Singto's father decided it, but we eventually agreed."

Hearing another notification from his phone, he looked and saw his other friends messaging him nonstop. Then came a text from his Mae, telling him that they needed to discuss wedding plans today. Deciding that he should start his day, he quickly told Mike, "I need to go. Mae wants to talk about the wedding. Talk to you later!"

"Wait-" Krist abruptly ended the call and drank his glass of water. Looking around, he remembered what happened last night, Singto was in his apartment. Singto came to his apartment. He started to freak out.

Later that day, Krist and his mother were talking about the cake and food for the reception. Krist was tired because he spent the last few hours bargaining with his mother about the invitations and entourage, which he has insisted that they didn't need.

"Mae, maybe we should also consult Singto about these?" He suggested, interrupting his mom who was already looking over three-tier cakes from her tablet. She looked over at him and nodded, "Okay then, he can come over here and we could finalize everything? We only have a week to rush these."

Krist opened his phone and sent him a text, P'Sing, are you free today? My mom wanted to talk about wedding plans, and we need your opinion. But it's okay if you're busy.

He was afraid that he would be disturbing the other, but surprisingly, he received a reply moments later, I'm free today. I'll head over.

Nan looked over at his son, "Is he coming?" Krist nodded.