Chapter Nineteen

Lifetime.

Krist Perawat
Tracklist
1. Sunny
2. Unwritten
3. Admirer
4. Rings
5. Warm Nights
6. Mine
7. Messy Afternoons
8. The Director and His Protagonist
9. Avoidable Accidents
10. Missing
11. Home
12. My Life is Yours

The interviewer, with the name 'Ann' placed on her nametag, smiled at the artist, as the album played in the background. You could hear the clicks of the professional cameras every second, flashes of bright light occurring. Ann looked at the man of the hour, who sat in his seat, a content grin on his face as he patiently waited for her to start.

"It's such a lovely thing to have you here with us today, Krist."

"It's nice to be here, Ann," he replied.

"After the drop of your debut album, which sounds absolutely amazing, by the way, would you mind giving us a story on how you came up with it? This is one of the biggest news in the industry right now, as you have officially started your music career."

"Ah," he paused, then smiled at the camera, "If you would consider everything concerning this album, I would say the 40-minute interview we have will not suffice everything."

The audience around the room laughed.

"I think I could start off with the fact that I have always dreamed of a career in music. Ever since I was a child, I've loved music with a passion that I manifested through my constant bits of singing whenever I wanted, even my father can attest to this," everyone chuckled as Krist laughed, knowing that his father was very much watching this being broadcasted, "Acting is my passion, but music is just as much of my passion as acting. This is why in the late months of last year, I had planned to make this album. It just so happens that a few months after I've made that decision, I was betrothed."

Ann knew exactly who he was talking about, and cast a nod at the front, "Ah yes, to your husband? Is he one of the inspirations for your songs?"

"He's actually the inspiration himself, Ann. The whole thing is for him," the singer smiled at the audience, to a particular person watching, hidden from others' view. There stood his lover, who was inwardly smiling, a quiet blush on his features as he shied away from his gaze. Krist figured that he was still in awe of the whole situation.

Krist cleared his throat, "At first, I didn't think I would make an album solely focused on another person, by that time I was still a little lost on what to write. However, the instant that Singto and I met, lyrics just came flowing out of me. Now, I'm not saying that I used him as a writing machine, uh, well, I kind of did," he scratched the back of his neck.

"Sounds like a pretty functional writing machine, where did you get him?" Ann joked, and the other laughed, "Sadly, he's exclusive."

Krist could almost hear a faint "Oi!" from the back of his head.

"The whole tracklist is a sequence of my story with my husband. It's kind of embarrassing to say now but it really is just a story of how I fell in love with him. Each song describes a time with him, and it could be taken as someone's remembrance, to anyone who's listening to it. I hope that you have your own 'Singto' to think about when you hear my songs," he stated, a faint smile lingering on his face as he reminisced the time when he was composing each song.

"I've listened to the whole album and I can't help but be in awe of how adorable you two are! Gosh, look at you, blushing. I can't even imagine the look on your husband's face right now," the interviewer sighed, the atmosphere being too cute to handle.