Chapter Seven

Who knew a wedding reception would be so fun? Singto thinks it was because of their friends, as they have successfully lightened up the mood with their endless teasing of the newlyweds. The both of them were seated in front, looking anywhere but each other. Singto noticed that Krist was fidgeting with his hands, and his eyes were distant.

Krist was actually extremely bothered by their shared kisses earlier. He has cursed himself in all the bad words under the sun just because he forgot his self-restraint and kissed his husband first. How could he be so careless? What if Singto hated it? Is this a bad sign of their marriage? But the other didn't seem to be bothered at all and even leaned in to give him another kiss. Krist felt like he was fainting every time he remembered it.

"Alright, now that we have welcomed our grooms, let us begin this party with their first dance as newlyweds!" Mae Yui said, ushering the both of them to stand up.

"Oh no," Krist shook his head, politely trying to swat Yui's hand away, as well as Singto who was looking at him, curious.

"Why?"

"I can't dance, not like this, I've never really slow danced before," he felt a firm tug on his hand and he was gently dragged to the dance floor, everyone was looking at them.

"It's okay, it's really easy, just follow my lead," Singto assured him, placing Krist's hand on his shoulder and holding the other. Singto's other hand was placed gently around his waist, and the song began.

They both didn't know what kind of song that Mae Yui had setup but she told them that the Best man and woman took care of the playlist. When the familiar low beats echoed in the room, Krist immediately recognized the singer, and Singto also knew the song.

Krist heard the low whispers of guidance from his ear, as Singto helped him be in pace with his dance. He didn't want the other to see his face so he turned to look the other way, failing to notice that he couldn't hide his feelings because of his glowing red ears.

Kiss me like you wanna be loved, like you wanna be loved, like you wanna be loved.

The younger didn't know much about English but he definitely knew what those words meant. Singto was mouthing the words, turning to look at his partner, slightly chuckling at the flustered man. He noticed Namtan and Mike snickering at the side, and grinning at them, as they knew they chose the perfect song. Shaking his head, he leaned onto Krist, his lips slightly touching the other's hair as he softly sang the lyrics, "I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet."

Krist immediately looked up at him with curious eyes. They gazed at each other with such intensity that they forgot everyone else in the room. Singto was challenging him, seeing if the other would back out and break the contact, however they were both stubborn. They just kept dancing and it turns out that Krist was a natural, or maybe it was just the way Singto held him.

When the song slowly came to a stop, Krist loosened his hold and went back to their seats first, the older just smiled at him and followed suit.

"Okay, the lovebirds have just had their first dance, and it seems like we weren't even in the room with them," this caused everyone to laugh, "Now it's time to have the mother and son dance, let us first have Krist and his mom, Mae Nan!"

Singto reassured him that he will dance just fine with a tight squeeze on his hand, the younger nodded and stood up to ask his mother to dance. Nan looked at his son who guided them both in dancing, proud of everything he's become.

"Krist, I'm so proud of you," she looked at him, unshed tears in her eyes. Krist didn't want to cry but seeing his mother's expression, he tears up and hugged his mother while swaying.