Chapter Nine

They were on their way home.

Singto was on the wheel, casually bobbing his head to the song playing on the radio. Krist didn't have a clue on what it was; he's guessing it's an old song. As Krist tapped his finger on the armrest, he stared out into the window, remembering everything that happened on their honeymoon.

Yesterday was their last day spent on the trip, and due to Krist's internal struggle of panicking whenever he even thinks about him and his husband in bed together again, he insisted that the room was already warm enough and quickly adjusted the aircon temperature. Not having an argument back, Singto simply agreed and they spent the night in separate comforts.

This, however, resulted in a more awkward mood in the morning as compared to the previous one.

Krist felt guilty about making Singto sleep on the couch which was considerably less comfortable than the bed. This put a sense of clarity in him as he realized that he didn't mind if he woke up in his husband's arms every day. But how could he possibly admit that?

They spend the day lounging around the beach and buying delicacies to take home and give to their parents and friends. Throughout the day, Singto was constantly alert when Krist needed something, in Krist's mind, he called him a "Girl Scout", as his bag was like Dora The Explorer's Bag, which has every item that he could possibly need.

A droplet of sweat? A clean towel was pulled from the bag.

Forgot his sunscreen? No problem.

Left his hat at home? There's one in his bag. He didn't even know it could fit there.

Either way, Krist was genuinely impressed and a bit mortified at how responsible Singto is. Albeit he can't help but feel insecure because his husband might think of him as a forgetful baby who always needs help.

He's not a baby; he's a strong, independent man. Yes, he believes this very well. Scrunching his eyebrow in his mental cheer to himself, he fails to notice the bizarre look the man beside him is sending.

Other than Singto's magic bag, the way he talks to him or interacts with him seems to be extremely flirty. Krist didn't want to assume anything but from the past roles he's given, he's pretty sure that Singto was flirting with him. But why, though? What is the reason that his husband would blatantly flirt with him?

He doesn't know where the line is between them, and if he can cross it. Should he really cross it all? With all the flirty comments and even innuendos his husband was giving him, he didn't respond with the same energy, often shying away or snapping at him to stop.

Once they were tired from buying the local goods from the island's markets, they decided to call it a day, and they were already satisfied with their trip. Enough resting and enjoying, and it was time to go back to reality the next day. That night, Singto offered to sleep beside him again, bringing up the temperature topic again, which was denied by one flustered Krist.

As much as possible he wanted to stay away from Singto especially when he was mindless in the late hours of the night and he might be thinking things that should not be thought. It was still a huge disappointment in his heart and that tinge of regret whenever he declined his husband's offers and compliments.

"Krist, Por told me that I should drive you to a different address."

Snapping back to the present, Krist looked at him, puzzled, "What? Why?"

"Something about our parents insisting us to go there," the older quickly put the address on his GPS and continued to drive towards the place, both of them were tense as they thought about the reasons they could possibly be going to this place.