Reid

Image -
Blanket Forts & Paper Hearts

Description -
Spencer finds a way to comfort you during a bad thunderstorm.

Rating: PG

Word Count: 1.3k

( Contains:
Boy x Girl
Cuddles
Kissing
Comfort
Reading
Fear of storms
Fluff!!! )

—— This image will contain snip-its from J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" I do not own anything affiliated with the book or writing ——

Enjoy the Fluffy side...

You and Spencer decided to spend the rainy afternoon curled up on the couch watching a silent film. The pitter patter of gentle rain against the windows created a tranquil setting with the dimmed lights and soft clicking of his projector. You lay with your head in his lap snuggled under a blanket holding a bowl of popcorn.

"Heads up." You warn, tossing a piece into the air. Spencer caught it in his mouth, smiling down with a prideful look in his eye.

"Nice." You say receiving your gesture of a high-five as you help yourself to a piece. A crack of thunder echoed outside the walls of the apartment, startling you. Spencer's arm tightened around you.

"You okay, y/n?"

"Yeah, I just, don't like thunderstorms." You try blowing it off, Spencer ran a hand through your hair, calming you as another clash of thunder followed a strike of lightning. You flinched, burrowing yourself further into Spencer and under the blanket, only keeping your eyes visible.

"Is it the lightning?" He asked pushing some hair from your forehead, his knuckles grazed your cheek as he touched you tenderly.

"It's the sound, the thunder, the sudden unpredictable loud noise." You pull down the blanket, revealing a little more of your face glancing up at him. Spencer continued stroking your hair.

"Why don't we count the seconds between the lightning and thunder so we know how far away it is." He offered brushing your chin. His warm brown eyes took you to a far away place forgetting about the storm increasing  in rage around you. A flash so bright it light up the room...

1...2...3...4...

BOOM

You jump, curling closer, slamming your eyes shut and pulling the blanket all the way over your head. Trying to separate the thunderous echo from your own pounding heart. You feel the pressure of Spencer's warm hand through the blanket, placed perfectly over your ear.

"4.6 miles away." His sweet, muffled, voice carried through the layers. You slowly wiggle the blanket down revealing your y/e/c again. Spencer looked over you seeing the honest to god fear in your eye, catching your gaze after you finish scanning the living room, nervously. As soon as the blankets were below your chin a sea of white light flashed through the room making you pre-jump, clutching the fabric and shutting your eyes in anticipation. You peak one eye up to Spence, counting along with him in your head.

...1...2...3...

BOOM

You ball the blanket in your fists pressing it hard over your ears.