Part 1 : t i m e l e s s

third person pov*

You and Alex lay on the beach as the waves are crashing on the shore. You have been best friends since i can remember. You tell each other everything. But... There's one thing You have not told him. You have a massive crush on him and you don't know how to tell him

"you know what Alex"

"what" he says fingering his hair out of his face just missing his navy beanie that he always wears, and looking up at you blocking the sun out with his hand.

"I don't know what you seeing your girlfriend I get it she's pretty and all but she's snotty and spoiled I'm just saying you need to watch her" You say trying to knock some sense into your best friend.

"I know. She has been a big out of control lately."he says looking down at the sand covered towel.

*suddenly both yours and Alex's best friend emmie bursts out of the door of your beach house *

"you guys better be kissing"

You and Alex make a puke-ish noise at the same time and look at each other with a smile. In all of your years of being friends You can't believe That you haven't noticed how pretty his smile is.

"y/n?" He says waving his hand across your face just as Emmie was opening her water bottle to pour it on you.

You jolt out of the trance and come back to reality.

You realize that You have been staring at Alex so long that he caught on.

"Hey n/n I'm going to head out" said Emmie as she grabs You and giving you both a tight hug, pulling You and your crush closer then You had expected. Alex's hand touches yours suddenly as Emmie walks away from the beach with her overnight bag that she used 2 nights prior.

Alex holds your hand as he sits you down and pulls out his phone.
He types in the name "babe" and hits call and he taps the speaker button.

The ringing stops and You hear a familiar voice say "hey Alexis what's up?" "We're done, Kay. You have hurt me and my loved ones too many times and I was wrong to give you a third, hell even a second chance."

Alex response was stern but meaningful and soft at the same time, trying to let his ideas be heard.
He hits the red 'end call' button before he turns off his phone and throws it on the towel next to you.
As he does this he grasps your hand and looks you in the eyes...