Part 19

You guys had finished packing around 5 pm and called the realtor and purchased the house, you said you would meet him there in a few days. You guys decided to start the drive, seeing as Narrator took your guys' car you rode in the passenger seat with Mully and Josh, Gabby and Eddie were gonna drive together. You guys listened to music and talked, nothing exciting happened. About 30 minutes in you got a call from a number you didn't recognize.

"Hello?", you answered.

You heard moaning and other disgusting noises.

"Oh Emily you poor soul, you won't ever be able to do anything I can. He still misses me, don't worry love. You are just a replacement, a shitty one at that.", you said.

"SHUT UP YOU WHORE!", she growled.

"Says the one who called me so I could listen to you guys fuck. Might as well be on the hub, oh wait, you already are.", you said, Josh and Mully started to laugh.

"I will be so much better than you, I can do anything you can do.", she said.

"You can do everything I can but I do it better.", you replied.

She hung up and you all 3 burst out laughing for about 3 minutes. You turned the music back up and rolled your window down. You looked at the state sign, "Welcome to Nevada!". You took an 11 second video of you guys singing and saved it. Gabby facetimed you.

"Hey sistaa.", you smiled.

"Did that hoe call you too?", she laughed.

"YES HAHA.", you chuckled.

"She sounds like a goddamn cow.", Gabby said.

You laughed.

"Wanna stop at this Golden Corral up ahead?", she asked.

"Yea, lead the way, we'll follow.", you nodded.

"Okay, we'll see you there!", she waved.

You hung up and chuckled.

"She isn't wrong, she sounded horrible man.", Mully said.

"Honestly, who the fuck sounds like that?", Josh chuckled.

They continued talking but their voices were fading off as you looked out the window. You knew it would take time to recover from this, but you would end up okay. You snapped back as your phone dinged. You looked down and saw it was Narrator. Mully grabbed your phone and opened the text.

Narrator.

hey ugly. hows it feel knowing i replaced you LOL?

its feels FUCKING GREAT, im free from all of your stupid bullshit. go fuck emilys flat ass loser.

You glared at Mully and grabbed your phone back.

"What the actual hell were you thinking?!", you said.

"Chill out Y/N, he's your ex its cool.", he said.

You relaxed back and took a breath right as you pulled into Golden Corral. You all 3 unbuckled your seatbelts and Mully parked next to Eddie and Gabby. You all 5 walked in and got a table. You checked your phone, 6:30 pm. You guys all spilt as you went to get food. You were the first one back. You got some steak, a small salad, some rolls, and some dressing sauces. You pulled your hair up into a bun and grabbed your knife and began to cut into the steak as you felt someone hug you from behind. You turned around, startled and saw a familiar face.

"Mason?..", you said.

"Hey Y/N.", he smiled.

You got up and hugged him. After not seeing him for 15 years, there he was.

"I can't believe this. You're here. Are you real?", you started to tear up.

"I'm as real as this roll.", he smiled, taking a bite of one of your rolls.

You smiled as he put the roll back. You were stunned. After a minute, right before he started talking you kissed him, not holding anything back. He kissed you back for a moment.

"Mason I haven't seen you since I was 7. What are you doing here?", you said.

He sat next to you, "I'd be happy to explain everything once we get out of here.", he looked at everyone.

"I'm not staying, I'm going to Maine. We just needed to eat.", you explained.

"When are you stopping at a hotel?", he asked.

"Probably around 10 or so.", you replied.

"I'm headed towards Maine. We can book the same hotel and room together.", he smiled.

You nodded as Mully, Josh, and Gabby sat down.

"Who's that?", Gabby asked.

"An old friend!", you rushed to say.

She looked at Mully and they shrugged. You guys ate and talk. When Eddie sat down he gave a recommendation.

"What if we stop at the nearest hotel instead of driving til 11, driving in the early hours would be better since there wouldn't be as many people.", he said.

Everyone agreed so after you all ate, you hit the road. The nearest hotel was 10 minutes away. You guys were booked by 8. You would be sharing a room with Mason.