moonlight serenade

"Couldn't sleep?" Gojo walks out of the bedroom as he sees you getting a glass of water. 

"Not really," you sigh. The kitchen tile is cold against your bare feet as you lean against the counter. The clock says 2:27 am, you can still hear the city in the distance. 

"You should probably sleep, you have work tomorrow," He remarks, leaning against the counter next to you. 

"So do you."

"Yeah I know, are you hungry?" He asks. 

"No," you say drinking your water, "I'll probably just try to go back to sleep somehow." You start walking back to the bedroom. Gojo straightens up and grabs your hand.

"Wait, I have an idea." As he says this he runs out of the kitchen super fast, returning with the gramophone he bought on a whim one day. It has a polished mahogany base and a gold horn which has carved golden embellishments. 

"Dance with me." he holds out his hand. He's taken off his blindfold and his eyes are shining.

"Really?"

"Yes, let me put on some music," he grins, pulling out a vinyl. You don't know how he just has vinyl's lying around the apartment without your notice but you refrain yourself from asking. You also don't exactly know how this will alleviate your lack of sleep tonight, but it certainly is cute. 

Gojo sets the vinyl on the turntable and places the stylus at the beginning, cranking it. The kitchen fills with the sound of a slow jazz song and Gojo takes your hand while wrapping the other around your waist. The both of you descend into a make shift waltz. 

You can't help but go soft as you smile up at him. 

"See, this is fun." He smiles back, trying to twirl you around. You mess up and the both of you start laughing. You step on his feet a couple of times by accident. 

"I can't really dance," you say, hugging him and leaning your head on his chest as the both of you continue to waltz. His arms are wrapped around you pretty warmly. It feels like you're recreating a scene from the past with the old jazz meandering around the kitchen. 

"Yeah, I know you can't dance at all." He smirks. You frown but then start laughing. 

"I'm less sleepy now," you admit, "but, this was a good idea."

"I know," he acknowledges, "I want to dance with you forever." You hit his chest, trying to restrain your face from growing warm. 

Gojo can be pretty romantic when he wants to be. 

-> --- <- 

song: moonlight serenade - ella fitzgerald (this is the song Gojo and you are dancing to)

a/n: this chapter was so cute to write, i imagined i was dancing with him. side note, i don't listen to jazz and don't know how a gramophone works properly, i really want one though, they look so beautiful. also, listen to moonlight serenade while reading, it's an out of body experience lol.

 also, listen to moonlight serenade while reading, it's an out of body experience lol

gorgeous. 

thanks for all the support y'all are super cool :]]