window shopping

"Look at that funky one, it looks like alligator skin or something. So ugly." Gojo laughs, pointing at a purse displayed on a pedestal behind stained glass.

"Gojo! That's kind of rude," you say, glancing at the shop owner staring at him and slapping his pointing hand out of the way. You're kind of thankful he let you slap him, thinking it'd be weird if your hand was just suspended in mid air. His hand returns to holding yours as you continue strolling past the shops and open markets on the way to your job. Gojo usually teleports you there, but today you decided to enjoy the sights on the way there since you were early anyways. 

Many different signs and advertisements flash on the walls of the stores you pass by. It's way too colorful and eccentric for 7 in the morning. Stores are just opening up as well. 

"Oh wtf, Gojo look at that," you say pointing to a funky armchair. 

"NOW look who's being rude." he raises an eyebrow. You laugh as you stop in front of the armchair. 

"I kind of want it," you stare inquisitively. It's got an odd color scheme, but it'll look nice next to your other furniture. You can picture Gojo sleeping on it with his head leaning back like a middle aged dad and it makes you chuckle. 

As soon as you say your confirmation, Gojo runs into the shop. You watch in horror as he lifts the armchair with one hand and waves at you with the other. 

You gasp, unable to yell at him because you were in public. 

He appears next to you, armchair gone. 

"Did you already go-"

"Yes, it's in the living room right now, I'll move it wherever you'd like." he smirks.

"Gojo!" you whisper yell, trying not to notice all the people staring at the fact that a tall, blindfolded man just lift an armchair with one hand. 

"What!" he mocks. You playfully hit him on the arm, once again thanking that he's letting you hit him, or else people would stare even more. 

"You didn't have to buy it," you say, holding his arm as the both of you continue walking, "did you at least pay for it?" you frown.

"Of course! Who do you think I am?" he says, laughing, "and the living room's got a boring color scheme anyways."

"Aww, such a gentleman."

"Obviously." 

-> --- <-

song: there isn't a song i know called 'window shopping' but if i had to choose: closer to you - clairo? or prune, you talk funny - gus dapperton?? idk just the vibe i get. 

a/n: the armchair i saw that inspired this lol

it's gucci. 

thanks for reading :D