chamber of reflection

The whole city, covered by a dense layer of fallen clouds, was how you woke up that morning. Gojo had his arm wrapped around you, his mouth slightly open as he snored.

What a dad, you thought. 

Luckily, the bed was pushed up right near the window so as to give the illusion of a glass box. It was stunning. The sky was a dull gray and because of the fog, buildings jut out like black spires in random places. 

You got untangled from Gojo's grip and sat at the edge of your side of the bed, looking down. 

You heard him shift around behind you and he groaned.

"This is WAY TOO EARLY," he protested, "WHY are you awake," 

"Look at us," you say, pointing at the window; which, because of the dark fog outside, you could see your reflection clearly. 

Gojo was confused for a second but then realized what you meant. You saw him smile in the window and come over to hug you. 

"We look like we're flying," you said, leaning into his hug.

"We don't have to look," he grinned.

"It's too early to fly right now," you groaned back but continued whatever was consuming your thoughts, "We look like we control the world," you smirked skeptically.

"Really? You're so philosophical. Weirdo." he says, "It's a reflection," his blue eyes twinkling in thought as he says this. He was the one being weird. You grumpily fold your arms and go silent. You notice both of your reflections, suspended on the fog as if you were the only humans left, as if throughout the heavens and the earth, both of you alone were the honored ones. 

-> --- <-

song: chamber of reflection - mac demarco

a/n: kind of thought provoking. at least, i thought it was. i love this song and i also love looking at fog rolling in, especially if you're looking down at it, if that makes sense. 

thanks for reading B)