Chapter Twelve

Picture of Miranda Kerr as Hudson to the side.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

Tomorrow I'm meeting Tyler's mom.

Saying I'm nervous is an understatement.

If I screw up or offend her in any way, I screw up everything for Tyler and I. Honestly, I'm surprised he accepts me.

The only thing is, Tyler is going to be gone all day and won't be back until around 11:00. So he can't calm my nerves. Well, he did say he would call me so that might help, but still.

Plus, instead of drowning in my anxiety alone, Lee and Liam are staying with me all day. Tyler says it's to keep me safe because of the rogue attacks but I think he's just paranoid that I'm going attempt to... you know, again.

Which I won't. Or at least I don't think I will. Things have been going good here. I get to see my sister, I've made a new friend, and I have Tyler.

Currently, Lee is sitting on one of the stools in the kitchen watching Liam dig through the pantry. I'm watching them from the hallway doorway until I work up enough courage to walk into them.

"Hi."Lee gives me a small smile as I appear and sit down on the stool next to her.

"Good morning, Luna."Liam pauses to look back at me and waves before going back to searching for something to eat.

"How'd you sleep?"Lee asks, turning towards me and props her elbow on the counter before testing her chin in the palm of her hand.

"Okay."I answer her, pulling my sleeves down to my mid-palm. It's always been a nervous habit of mine.

"Did you dream about me?"A voice says from behind me. I knew it wasn't Tyler's because it would've given me chills, Liam is too respectful to say something like that, Tyler's Gamma hasn't really spoken to me before, and it couldn't be my sisters because it was a mans voice.

That only left one person.

"Hi, Aleks."A small smile creeps onto my face as I turn around on my stool to face me.

"Morning, Carter."Aleks grins down at me.

Aleks wasn't taller than 6' but the way he carried himself around made it seem like he was taller somehow. I always found some kind of comfort in his brown eyes, they've always put me at ease. Not as much as Tyler's, but still.

"What are you doing here?"Liam asks, his mouth full of dry cereal. "I thought you were working today."

"I was but Ty wanted me to help babysit."Aleks ruffles my hair. "He said something about having a doctor here."

"You're making it sound like I'm ten."I pout to give off that childlike affect.

"You look like you are ten."Aleks shrugs simply, taking the box of cereal from Liam and shoving a handful of it himself before shoving it in his mouth.

"Come on."Lee tugs on my arm, pulling me up off the chair and down the hallway.

"Where are we going?"I ask her.

"I'm the only one here that's been through this dinner before. I'll help you pick out what to wear."Lee tells me, opening my bedroom door which thankfully doesn't have any dirty clothes lying anywhere.

I sit down on the bed while she rummages through my closet.

"It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just simple."Lee says. "It has show who you are. I'm guessing we go for a sweater and a skirt, maybe tights."