Chapter Twenty Nine

Picture of AnnaSophia Robb as Carter to the side

**EXCITING NEWS IN THE AUTHOR'S NOTE!!1!**

Alpha Tyler Evans P.O.V

"Focus."I hear Landon growl as I do everything in my power not to punch him in the face. "You're never going to be able to control your anger if you don't focus."

"Just leave Carter out of it."I speak through my clenched teeth. I dig my claws into my palms and try to calm my shallow breathing, feeling myself sweat because of fighting off my wolf.

"It's hard to leave Carter out of anything."My Gamma, Anthony, speaks next. He leans against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest, feeling completely calm over the situation. He looks over at Landon. "I can't keep my eyes off of her most of the time."

A growl rips through my chest and I flinch.

"Focus, Tyler."Landon growls back.

Ever since Waters came into town, I've been trying methods to contain my anger and keep my wolf under control.

"Calm down and learn how to keep your anger under control."Anthony says before a small smirk tugs at his lips. "Keep in mind that Carter might just come running to me in the not so off chance you were to slip up..."

Another growl escapes me and I can feel my wolf shaking with anger. My eyes slowly darken, not fully turning black.

"Nobody fucking talks about her that way."Benjamin is clearly furious, burning with anger. "I'll fucking rip his throat out so he'll never speak again."

"This is why we have to train, Ben."I try reasoning with him. "If we acted like this in front of Carter, we'd scare her. We can't lose her.

My eyes must have changed back to their normal shade of green, due the the expressions on both of their faces.

"Much better than yesterday."Anthony says, gesturing to the now almost faded scar across his chest.

"I think it's time for a break."Landon sighs. "You should go take a run."

I nod and do everything in my power not to wring Anthony's neck as I walk past him. I know that he didn't mean anything he said about Carter, but it's hard to control my anger when it comes to her.

She's my world. If anything ever happened to her, I would never forgive myself for not being able to protect her.

But, how do I protect her from herself?

After a quick run in my wolf form, I get back to the pack house to shower. When I get back to the office, Landon and Anthony are both on their laptops.

"I have to go, Ty."Landon stands, pats my shoulder as he walks past me. "Lee wanted me back by 9:00."

"Alright."Is all I reply with, too tired to say anything else.

I begin to look through paperwork and check my email. There are so many rogues that need to be transferred back to their homes or free territory that I've been working late for weeks.

It stresses me out that Carter's home alone. She goes out during the day with Lee or Aleks, and then they go back for a few hours. I don't want her out alone with all of the rogue business going on, but that's not all I'm worried about. What's mostly worrying me is that when she's home alone.

I'm constantly worried she won't eat or that she won't take her pills. I'm scared that she'll be triggered by something, anything, and it'll send her spiraling back to the start. I can't let her hurt herself again, I can't.