Chapter Four

Picture of Miranda Kerr as Hudson to the side.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

I woke up alone this morning.

It's not something I'm used to. Tyler usually is always at my bedside when I wake up. Part of me is sad he left but the other part relaxes me a bit, he's respecting my space.

I sit up slightly and look around my new room. There isn't much furniture, just the queen sized bed, a tv is mounted on the wall to my left, and a few random chairs. On the wall to my right there are to bayside windows, each having a place where I could sit and watch it storm or rain or even snow.

There are a few boxes scattered around the room, too. I'm assuming they're filled with most of my clothes and books. People don't realize how many books I have. I have more books than I do clothes, well, I don't own many clothes but still. I have a lot of books.

There's two doors on the wall to my left which I'm assuming lead to a bathroom and a closet.

I let out a huff of boredom. The room is bare. But, I'm also excited to decorate it myself. I turn into my side and curl back up into a ball, trying to fall back asleep. Before I can achieve my attempt, a soft knock on my door interrupts me.

"Carter, sweetheart? Is it okay if I come in?"Tyler's perfectly deep voice asks from the other side of the door. I simply groan in response and I hear him chuckle as he opens the door.

I uncurl myself and sit up slightly again. Tyler comes and sits down next to me on the edge of my bed.

"Good morning, beautiful."Tyler smiles warmly at me before leaning down and kissing my forehead. "How did you sleep, lovely?"

"Okay."I respond, trying my best not to stare at him. He's wearing a simple black v-neck and a pair of basket ball shorts, but what's getting to me is is hair. He must have just taken a shower because it's wet but falling perfectly into his face. I don't understand how one guy can be so sexy without even trying.

"I have to run some numbers for the pack right now, but after that I'm free."Tyler tells me. "I was thinking you could shower while I do that and once I'm finished I'll bring you breakfast. Then, I'm going to take you out shopping."

"Okay."I nod. "Wait, why are we going shopping?"

"You need furniture around here, little one. And since you don't have many clothes here either we can shop for those, too."Tyler answers me.

"You don't have to do that-"

"Yes I do. I'm your mate. I'm going to take care of you and do anything to make you happy."Tyler tells me sternly.

"I don't need anything, Tyler. I have stuff-"

"Carter, I know you're used to taking care of yourself. But, that's different now."Tyler explains to me gently. "Please, just, let me start doing things for you."

"I'm, uh, I'm just not used to this."I say quietly. "The whole 'being cared about by someone thing' isn't something I've ever had before."

"You do now and you will from now on."Tyler smiles gently. "Come on now, you go shower, I'll leave you alone. Just, please don't lock any of the doors? Just thinking about you being alone in here makes me and my wolf nervous."

"Your wolf?"I furrow my eyebrows and tilt my head to the side slightly.

"My wolf and I, we're the same person. I have most of the control. But sometimes when I'm angry or jealous or...lustful, my wolf comes foreword and he wants to take control."Tyler explains. "That's how we find our mates, our wolves sense each other."