Chapter Eighteen

Picture of AnnaSophia Robb as Carter to the side

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

There's a stirring next to me, something's moving. I groan and attempt to go back to sleep but when an arm wraps around my waist and pulls me into a hard chest, my eyes snap open.

I look up to see Tyler laying next to me. His hair is a complete mess and he looks still half asleep, but, as always, he's extremely attractive.

"Hi."I breathe out.

"Hi."He chuckles, tucking my bangs behind my ear.

"What time is it?"I rub my eyes and sit up.

It takes a few moments for me to remember that I asked if the both of us could sleep out on the sectional last night. If we're being honest, that's the best sleep I've ever gotten. Easily. But my back is a bit sore, and my stomach kind of hurts.

"Around 10:30."He sits up as well, running a hand through his hair.

"You slept that late?"I raise an eyebrow at him in surprise. "You never sleep in."

"I know."Is all he says.

Tyler wraps his arm around my waist again, pulling me into his chest and then kisses the top of my head.

"Good morning, beautiful."He smiles and leans down to give me a kiss, but I pull away, earning a funny look from him.

"I have to brush my teeth first."I say. He only chuckles and shakes his head.

"I don't care."He answers, leaning in anyway and giving me a small, gentle kiss. No tongue, though. Which is probably a good thing. "I'll make breakfast while you get ready, okay?"

"Yeah."I nod and quickly get up, escaping to my room. Once the door is closed, I twist around to crack my back. Fingers crossed it helps.

After showering, I dry my hair, straighten it out, and then change. If I'm just going to stay here all day, then I'm going for a pair of light joggers and a pink long sleeve shirt.

But that's when I see a small movement outside my window. My heart stops for a few seconds, soon after I let my curiosity get the better of me and go check it out.

I tip toe over to the bayside window, as if I'm in some kind of mystery movie. I carefully crane my neck to the left and then to the right, but nothing was there.

I could've sworn I saw something.

There it is again! At the edge of the forest, something moved over there. I think it was a person, it looked like it anyway. It gave off an aura, whoever it was - they were here for a reason.

Or I'm just being paranoid. As usual.

I'm in a house full of werewolves, I think there's always someone in the woods.

"Carter? Can you come here a second?"I hear Tyler call from the kitchen. I shrug and follow his voice, knowing I was just being stupid earlier.

"Is there anything special you want me to make?"He asks as he looks through the kitchen. "I could make a couple pancakes."

"Could you make chocolate chip?"I ask him, taking a seat on one of the bar stools.

"Of course, sweetheart."He smiles and begins to take out the ingredients he needs.

"I always feel useless when I sit here."I say resting my chin in the palm of my hand. "I'm a terrible cook, though."

"You're not useless."He gives me a look. "I like taking care of you, which includes cooking for you."