where have you been?

Hey everybody...

So I'm writing yet again a dreaded author's note instead of updating, I'm sorry. I'm also sorry that it's been so long.

As you guys know, I strongly believe in talking about mental illness and eating disorders and I've been really open with you guys about my experience with them.

Well, recently I've been in that dark place again. I just got back from the hospital on Sunday and I went back to school Tuesday. My depression had been getting so bad, to a point where I lost motivation to do anything, including writing. My anxiety hasn't really helped either. Eating has been hard but I'm working on it.

Going to the hospital got me out of that dark place, well, enough to a point where I can function again.

I don't want you guys to think that I'm giving up on this book, because I never will. I'm just as attached to these characters and this story as you guys are, if not more. These characters are my freaking children.

I love you all very much and I just want to say that everything gets better. It's okay to take time to focus on yourself. Mental health is just as important as physical health. It's okay to have a mental illness, you should not me ashamed. It's healthy to talk about it and raise awareness for it. You are not your mental illness. You will get better. Things take time, you need time. Have patience.

Everyone comment 5 things that make them happy here.

And 5 things you love here.

And 5 things that you like about yourself here.

Doing this everyday keeps you going if you're struggling, or at least it does for me.

Please, never hesitate to get help or talk to someone. I'm always here if anyone needs to talk, but if you truly are suffering get help. There are so many people in your life that care. And if you feel like you can't talk to someone in your life or talk to me, please call the suicide hotline number :

1-800-273-8255

And if you know anyone who's suffering, please pass this on.

I truly do love you all so much!!!!!!

I hope you have a lovely day and I will update as soon as I possibly can!

I love you all very much,

♡Aly