39

"Help we need fucking help, my cousins been shot" Charlie yells carrying Michael into the hospital, instantly being surrounded by doctors who put him on a gurney, wheeling him away, as she walked beside, holding his bloodied hand in hers. "Poll, will be here soon" Charlie assures as  the doctors usher her out the room. 

-

"Isaiah, where are the kids?" Charlie exclaims noticing her husband coming into the husband with her  brothers, her aunt, diego and harrison and 2 peaky boys. "They're with Lizzie, Linda, Scudboat, Lovelock, Fred, Charlie, Finn, Ada, Curly, Chris and Ollie." Isaiah tells her, "where's Michael?" Tommy asks and Charlie leads the group through the hospital, "in there" Charlotte says, "how is he?" Harrison questions, "he's- he should make it" Charlotte says and Polly rushes forwards hitting her, Charlotte catching her hands as Polly sobs, "you can take 2 bullets for that fucking bastard but not for your other brother or cousin?" Polly exclaims continuing her attack, "Poll, fucking 'ell, get off of her" Arthur says dragging the older woman off, "she shot the pricks Dad. Thats why they're here" Polly shouts, "he would've died either way Polly" Tommy speaks, as Isaiah hugs his wife to his chest, "how many shots?" Polly asks, "3 to the right lower abdomen" Charlie replies. 

-

The family were gathered in their childhood home kitchen, sat round the table waiting for Tommy to show himself, currently Charlie was stood with Isaiahs arms wrapped comfortingly around her from behind, the kids were with Scudboat, Harrison and Diego in the other room. They were safe, apart from maybe Tommy, there weren't three other people she'd trust so much with her kids.

"John is dead. Esme has gone on the road with the Lees. She's taken the kids, Michael is badly wounded they say its 60/40 in his favour" Tommy speaks as he walks into the room, "there's no number, there's no percentages. So the hand, the hand beneath him stops him falling. Spoke to someone.. my son will live" Polly says waving him off with her cigarette. "Michael and John were shot because we killed someone. Vicenta Changretta, his son Luca has come to take revenge. Men from New York and Sicily in Birmingham. These men will not leave our city until our whole family is dead. Thats how it works, an eye for an eye. It's called vendetta" Tommy informs, "yeah, well. The bullets been written. When the time comes, and it will come. Me as the oldest brother, will put this bullet into his fucking head." Arthur says placing a bullet on the table. "Theres been some bad blood between us" Tommy says eyeing his sister who starts laughing, "understatement of the year" 

"Until this business is settled we stay together. We stay here. Small Heath, Bordesley, Hay Mills down to Greet. We know every face, every man is a soldier in this army. These men are professionals and they're good at what they do, so we're gonna need more than we have. I sent a message to Aberama Gold." Tommy tells them. "No, no. Tom. I'll get you 50 Lee boys. Good men, Tom" Johnny Dogs replies, "i don't need good men for this, Johnny, i need bad men." Tommy says, "Tommy, his people are fucking savages. You know, heathens, Tom. They don't even let them in the fair, so they come and steal our horses. You know, stealing from their own, Tom" Johnny speaks. 

"So this is the plan Thomas? This is the plan? Bullet with a name on, and help from a bunch of savages" Polly scoffs, "Pol, its called going on the offensive" Charlotte pipes in, earning a bunch of surprised looks apart from Ada who smirked, things were slightly normal. "Whose side are you on?" Polly questions, "i'm on the side that avenges my fucking brother, i don't fucking care who helps, as long as it gets done" Charlotte answers. 

"I've spoken to Moss. He's putting out word, eyes, and ears so we can find them. The truth is the police are busy with the revolution. Moss says they're expecting strikes and riots when the weather gets warm and the Bolsheviks are planning to-" "The Bolsheviks couldn't plan a fucking picnic. He's reading the wrong papers" Ada interrupts, "Ada! Real or not real the coppers don't give a flying fuck about us, all right?" Tommy shouts, "wander what thats like" Charlie mutters to Isaiah. "Which means that here today in this room, we have to agree to end this war between us. Take a vote" Thomas says eyes piercing into his youngest sister. "Peace" Arthur says sipping his drink, "i wasn't apart of this, but, peace" Ada speaks, "peace" Lizzie nods, "peace" Uncle Charlie agrees.