3

It had been 7 weeks since the boys had returned from France, and a routine was beginning to build. Each morning John or Arthur would wake her and Finn up, telling them to get ready for school. Ada would've made breakfast for everyone. The boys were taking control of the business again, and since the war, less people were placing bets. Tommy said he had a plan, though he wouldn't tell anyone what it was. He'd become a lot stricter, starting to enforce rules. Most nights Finn would come into her room, due to the fact Diego was unable to sneak in anymore. And if it wasn't her screams keeping them awake it was Arthur, Tommy or Johns. Either way it wasn't night if one of them hadn't screamed.

Charlotte was starting to suspect Tommy rarely slept, he was always first one up, last one to bed, and bags were starting to develop under his eyes. She'd made a point to speak to him about it, she just hadn't got the time.

The Shelby name, carried as much power as if ever had, perhaps even more since the boys had been back.

She and Finn had just returned from school, and were sat in the dining room area, her smoking and Finn ranting about some twat in his year, that he'd got in a fight with.

Tommy came sauntering through the room, "Arthur's mad as hell" Finn says to him. "What does a 13 year old know about hell, ey?" Tommy replies. "I'm 14 on Sunday" Finn replies, as Tommy opens the door to the betting shop, the two teens looking in from the outside. Watching the chaos, then Tommy going into Arthur's office. "Lottie, come ere" John calls and she stands, gesturing for Finn to come with her. "Do these numbers look right to you? You're good at maths right? That's why you're still in school" John asks, placing an accounting book in front of her, taking a drag from her cigarette she looks over it. "Who the fucks done these?" She asks. "That'd be Arthur" John replies. "Arthur can't count for shit" Finn says. "Language" Charlotte scolds flicking his head. "Can you fix them?" John asks and she nods, getting a pencil, taking a seat at an empty desk, Finn over her shoulder, re-adding and balancing the books, distracted when Tommy leaves Arthur's office, Arthur yelling after him. "I'm calling a family meeting. 8 o'clock. I want everyone there."

"Including you 2." Arthur says narrowing his eyes at Charlie and Finn before slamming his office door shut.

"Ignore him, he's been in a pissy mood all day." John says. "Books done?" He asks and she nods. "I'm going to meet Diego, I'll be back for the meeting" Charlotte says ruffling Finns hair, before setting off out of the back door. Walking the short 10 minute walk to the Muerte household. Knocking on the door, Harrison opens it. "Y'alright Charlie girl? Isiah and Diego are upstairs." Harrison says stepping aside letting her in. "Yeah, I'm good. Cant wait to finish school. Some teachers do like testing my patience. But i promised Tommo id do my best to stay out of trouble. Don't want to cause more stress." Charlotte says. "Good girl" Harrison says unaware of what effect that had on her, her vision started going blurry as flashbacks clouded her eyesight, all she could head was a ringing sound. With a few words overcoming the high pitched hum.

'My Good girl'

Her skirt was torn from her body as silent sobs raked over her body. She felt completely useless.

'Open wide My dear'

"Diego. Ziah. Get down here." Harrison calls up the stairs unsure of what was happening as Charlie had fallen and when he went to help she scrambled away from him, he was now kneeling in front of her, her vision was on him but It was like she couldn't see or hear him. A few seconds the 2 lads appeared.