Chapter 9

I moved fast through the hallways and up the stairs while checking my surroundings. With my heart beating fast and my breathing becoming more and more irregular I reached the top. Standing before the doors to the rooftop I took a few deep breaths trying to calm myself. I stretched out my hand and pushed open the door. At first I was blinded by the light. As I moved through the entrance I adjusted to this brightness and saw... nothing. Is he gone?! No, he might be waiting to attack me from the side! I made a few swift steps to the front and turned around awaiting an attack. There was nothing. I must have looked really stupid. Like I've still got chuunibyou. I straightened back up and looked around. Is he making a fool out of me?!

"Where are you!?" I shouted, furious. I heard a thump behind the entrance and an ouch. I began rounding the exit to check who that was. Behind I saw the yankee from this morning standing up and massaging his head. He stopped and put down his hand when he saw me. Was that him? Or was he just sleeping here? His face suddenly lightened up.

"Sawa-sama!"

"Eh?!"

"You are Sawa-sama, aren't you?" he asked as he quickly came up to me and grabbed my glasses. He was damn fast, I didn't have even time to react. I was still pretty confused. "I can't believe I'm talking to THIS Sawa-sama!! I've been a fan of your group since the first few seconds I heard your songs. Like a crossover between dir en grey and sim! Just the best!" stated the teenage girl living inside a 1,9 meters high delinquent while clutching and waving my glasses around. "And I really fell in love with your voice. That one time you sang as a punishment was absolutely stunning! I was hoping that you would sing with them more often since then, but I guess there wasn't enough time before the disband?" I don't really know how to react to a yankee acting like that. "Sawa-sama?"

"Ugh, yeah, name's Yano Sadako, actually."

"I... I mistook you?" he asked confused. Nope, I just completely forgot about the band once I left the town. Not in my wildest thoughts did I think I would meet my fan here. I wasn't even that much on screen. Twice or thrice maybe.

"No, you're right. I am the so-called Sawa-sama. It just wasn't what I was expecting after such a letter."

"Oh, that? Sorry. I just thought it would be better to talk in private so I put it in your locker. I wasn't sure if you'd come since you just shoved my note further deep." that is one hella weird lad.

"Yeah, but what's with that message?"

"Oh, that! I didn't know if you wanted others to know so I made it a little ambiguous." That shit was too ambiguous, you fucker.

"I see. Anyways, could I get back my glasses?" I asked.

"Oh, sure, here you go." he happily gave them back to me and I put them on. "Man, it sure was surprising when I saw you after the fight."

"Right, to explain. I was only their manager of sorts so I wouldn't sing anyway. Besides we did disband and I don't think we'll ever get back so that's it. And if you could keep it to yourself I would be thankful."

"Ah, sure, no problem." he answered. "Under one condition." I heard him say, wondering what it was that he wanted and saw him reach for something inside his uniform. I immediately tensed up, ready for an attack again. "Ah, here it is." He said and took out an album. "Could you please sign it?" he said again, blushing like a teenage girl. For fuck's sake, I'm gonna have a heart attack if I stay here with this guy any longer.

"Of course. It's not a problem." I said and took out my pen. "Not using the digital version? Wasn't it hard looking for the cd?" I asked. We were more active on the internet. "Ah, what's your name? What do you want me to write?"