4. Promise Ring

Josephine's POV

Hero walks back in with a middle aged man who he looks a lot alike. I'm guessing that this is his father. Hero smiles at me and looks over at him.

"Jo, this is my dad. Dad, this is my girl, Josephine." He says and I stand up and walk over to him. "Hello sir, I'm Josephine but you can call me Jo." I say and reach out my hand for a handshake. He smiles at me and shakes my hand.

"It's nice to meet you Josephine. I've heard a lot about you from Hero and Martha so I feel like I already know you. Everytime Hero could come home from filming, he would always tell me how wonderful you were." He says and I look over to Hero, smirking.

"Did he now? I didn't know that." I ask and he looks down. "Okay dad, I think we should just finish dinner." Hero says and I chuckle. "What's wrong son? I'm just engaging in conversation with my daughter in law." He says and both mine and Hero's eyes go wide. My mouth falls open and I hear Mercy and Titan try to hold in their laughter.

"Dad!" Hero exclaims and his father looks at him. "What son? Do you or do you not want to marry this lovely girl?" He asks and Hero mumbles something under his breath. "What?" Mr. Tiffin asks and Hero looks down. He mumbles something again and his dad nudges him.

"Maybe someday!" He yells and I look down, hiding my red face from them. So he does want to marry me one day. To be honest, I probably wouldn't say yes if he asked me now, it's way to soon... but I would say yes if he asks later on. I lean my head up and look at them. Hero looks at me and Martha comes to our rescue.

"Okay, that's enough about marriage. Lets finish eating shall we?" She says and I sigh in relief that we don't have to talk about this anymore, I walk back to the table and sit down. I pick up my fork and start eating again.

Once we finish our meal, I help clean up the mess, and I dismiss myself. They all tell me goodnight and I walk upstairs to Hero's room. I go to the suitcase and look for something to sleep in. I pull out a pair a tank top and a pair of black Nike shorts.

I change and I am sitting on the edge of the bed when Hero opens the door and slowly walks over to me. He has his hands tucked deep in his pockets. He sighs and stands in front of me. I look up at him and he takes one hand out and scrathches the back of his neck, then shoved it back into his pocket.

"I love you. You know that right?" He asks quietly and I smile. I grab his hands out of his pockets and hold them. "Of course I know you love me." I say and he kneels down in front of me, still holding onto my hands. He looks down at our hands and he sighs.

After a few seconds of him kneeling down in front of me, he closes his eyes and pulls his hands from my grip, standing up and walking to the nightstand beside his bed. I'm about to ask him what he's doing but when he pulls out a small black velvet box, I gasp.

Is that... he isn't... is he about to propose? My eyes are so wide as I stare at him. He walks back over to me and drops to his knees again. He grabs my hand, opening and placing the small box inside of it. He opens it slowly, revelaing a small ring that has a heart in the middle, and many small diamonds lined up on one side.

"Hero..." I gasp and he grabs my hand that isn't holding the ring. "It's a promise ring. It's my promise to you that I won't ever hurt you again. My promise that I will love you faithfully and with all of my being." He states and I look up at him with tearfilled eyes.

I don't what to say to him, this is so romantic. After my dad threatened him about hurting me, I thought he would change. I thought that he would start walking on eggshells again like he did when we first started dating. He was so nervous to touch me and he thought that every move he made around me would make me leave him. I put all of my faith in him, I gave him all of me. And that's all it took, he was all mine after he knew that I wouldn't go anywhere. And after he met Steven, I thought he would go back to that, but he didn't. Instead here he is, on his knees infront of me, promising to never hurt me, and to love me with eveything he has.

"I will propose to you someday." He says out of nowhere and I still haven't spoken to him. "And I will marry you someday. But I think that we should take it one step at a time. The first step is to make sure that you know that I will give my everything into this relationship. And when the time is right.... I will ask you to be my wife." He says and the tears fall from my eyes.

I close my eyes and smile. "I love you Hero." Is all I say and his nervous features vanish. His face breaks out into a smile and he grabs the ring out of the box, sliding it onto my finger. "I love you Josephine." He says and I smile, looking down at the ring on my finger.

****

Hero's POV

When I wak up the next morning, I think of last night. About how happy she looked when I slid that ring on her little finger. She told me that she would never take it off of her finger unless she absoulutely had to. I smile so much last night after she told me how much she loved me.

I look over to where Jo is sleeping and I smile. I slowly roll over and get up out of bed, walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I get done brushing my teeth, my phone buzzes and I look over at it.

From Felix: Hey bro. There's a party tonight at my flat. You comin?

It says and I grab it, typing a quick reply.

To Felix: I don't know bro. Jo is with me so I would have to ask her if she wants to come.

I text back and put the phone into my pocket. I walk back into my room and see Jo reaching for my side of the bed. I hurry over to her. I slide into bed next to her and grab her hand, pulling her to my chest.

"Good morning love." I say and she hums in response. "So... Felix just texted and there is a party tonight at his place." I tell her and she still doesn't open her eyes.

"Are we going?" She asks and I chuckle a little. "I don't know. That's why I'm telling you so that you can tell me what you want to do." I say and she yawns and opens her eyes, finally looking at me.

"Sounds fun, babe." She says and sits up. She climbs off of the bed and walks to the door. "Wait- where are you going?" I ask confused and she turns around.

"It's 8 in the morning babe. I need coffee." She says sleepishly and walks out of the room. I huff and climb out of bed, following her into the kitchen.