2. London

When she insisted that we go to London to make our story more believable, I was shocked. I never thought that she would be the one to suggest going back home with me, I always thought I would be the one to ask her. When we got back to her place, she packed and then I had to stop by my hotel to get my stuff. She called her mum and told her, then we were on our way to the airport.

We got on our flight and Jo was looking out of the window most of the time if she wasn't asleep. I had later my head on her shoulder and dozed off to sleep. She woke me up when we landed. Now we are waiting for our Uber to come and get us. I didn't ask any of my family for a ride because I wanted it to be a surprise.

It brings back a lot of memories being here again. I never actually told Jo what was actually going on when I was hit by the car. She never asked so I just forgot to tell her. She looks over at me and sees me zoning out. She reaches for my hand and grabs it, pulling me to her.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She asks and I look at her and smile a little. "I was thinking about the last time that I was here." I say and her smile fades.

"You mean... when you... got hit by the car?" She asks, pausing a little in the middle. I nod my head yes and she hugs me.

"I never told you how it happened." I say and she looks up at me. "So tell me then." She says and I wrap my arms around her.

"When I saw you at the beach, after the party were we had our big fight. I kissed you and you said that you couldn't believe that I loved you." I say and she nods, telling me to go on.

"I left, came back here with Felix, my best mate. I layer in bed almost all week, not moving or eating. I just felt numb all over." I say and she pulls back, looking at me.

"Felix invited me to a party. I went and then he just kept inviting me to party after party. I would go and get drunk until I couldn't even see straight. It would numb all of the pain for that one night. So one night, I went to a party, got drunk and then started walking home." I say and her eyes fill with tears.

"I was crossing the street and didn't see the car coming. Everything went black, then I woke up in the hospital with you by my side." I say and tears fall from her eyes. I quickly wipe them away. She pulls away from me and backs away.

"It was my fault? I caused you pain and the only way that you could mask it was with alcohol. That night, you were there because I hurt you. My god Hero, it was my fault." She sobs and I walk over to her. I wrap my arms around her and I pull back, wiping her tears away.

"It wasn't your fault." I say but she shakes her head. "Hey, it wasn't your fault. Do you hear me? It wasn't your fault, you were hurt and you couldn't trust me. I got drunk, it wasn't your fault." I say sternly.

"You were only getting drunk because I hurt you Hero. It was me, it's always me." She says and I grab the back of her neck, pulling her to me and kiss her roughly. She stops crying and kisses me back because she knows that she can't fight me. I pull back and look deeply into her eyes.

"Listen to me closely. This was not your fault." I say and she nods her head making me smile a little.

"It wasn't your fault baby." I say softly and she hugs me tightly. She sighs, pulling away from me when the Uber arrives. She picks up her bag slowly.

"Yes it was." She says softly and walks over to the Uber. She puts her bag in the car and gets in. I sigh and walk over to the trunk, putting my bag in and walking to the other side, getting in with her. I look over at her and she is looking out of the window. I reach for her hand, she looks down at my hand on hers and pulls it away.

"No! Don't do this." I say sternly and grab her hand again. "Don't blame yourself for my mistakes. It wasn't your fault, it was mine." I say and she starts crying again. I raise my hand and wipe her tears away. She leans into my touch so I scoot over closer to her. She lays her head on my shoulder and the Uber driver is just staring at us through the rearview mirror.

"Oh uh, here's the address." I say and she types it into her GPS and we start moving. I kiss the top of Jo's head and she sighs again.

"I love you." I whisper and she tilts her head up to look at me. "And I love you." She says back. I smile at her and she lays her head back on my shoulder.

****

We arrive at my house 15 minutes later, and Jo fell asleep after she told me she loved me. I look down at her and she is peacefully sleeping. I don't want to wake her so I gently mover her head off of my shoulder, and get out of the car. I walk over to the other side, open her door, and gently pick her up.

I walk to the front door, knock and my mum comes to the door a few seconds later. She almost screams out of excitement but I tell her to be quiet and motion to the love of my life, peacefully sleeping in my arms. She nods and motions for me to bring her inside.

I walk inside and head for the stairs. I slowly walk up so that I don't wake her. I get up the stairs, walk down the hall and open my bedroom door. I walk to the bed and lay her down. I kiss her forehead and walk out of my room, down to the dining room where my family is.

"My boy is back." My mum smiles and she hugs me. "Welcome home bro." Mercy and Titan say. I walk over and hug them both. I look around and my smile fades.

"Where's dad?" I ask and my mum asks into the living room. "He had to go out of town for work a few days ago." She says and I frown. "I was hoping Josephine could meet him." I say and sigh. "I'm sorry sweetly."  She says and I smile a little. "It's okay mum." I smile sadly and Mercy walks up to me.

"So big bro, when do we get to meet your sleeping beauty?" She asks and I chuckle a little. "Whenever the jet lag wears off." I say and she swings her arm around my neck, pulling me to the couch in the living room.

We start watching a movie and in the middle, I hear someone walking down the stairs. I stand up and walk to the staircase, where I see Jo coming down.

"Hey beautiful. Did you sleep okay?" I ask and she nods. I walk over to her and grab her hand. We walk into the living room and see everyone staring at us.

"Jo this is Mercy, my little sister. And Titan, my older brother." I say and she says hi to them. My mum walks over and hugs her saying that it's good to see her again. Jo nods and and I pull her to the couch, making her sit down beside me. She lays her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes, dozing off again.

Once the movie is over, I turn slowly, pick Jo up, and carry her up the stairs. Everyone is staring at me as I take her to bed.

"I don't think I've ever seen him like this." Mercy tells mum and Titan. "Me either." Titan agrees and my mum shushes them. "Oh hush you two. He's in love." She says and I smile a little at her words.

I stand in front of my door and turn the handle. I walk in and gently place her on the bed, covering her up. I take off my shirt and my pants, and pull on a par of shorts. I climb into bed next to my girl, pull her close to me, and close my eyes. Falling asleep to the sound of her breathing.