7. Home At Last

*2 weeks later*

Josephine's POV

Our 2 weeks in London are up and I'm really sad to leave. It's unproblematic here, I'm honestly going to miss it. Hero and I are packing our bags and when we're finished, he takes our things out to the car. I walk downstairs and I see Mercy, Titan, and Martha standing at the bottom of the staircase.

Mercy and I have gotten really close these past 2 weeks. She says that I'm like the big sister she's never had. I told her that it's amazing to have a sister, you always have someone to talk to about anything. When I get to the bottom, she is the first one that I hug. Then I hug Titan, and save Martha for last.

Martha and I have been talking a lot since I found out. I found out about 2 days ago, and she was the only one that I could talk to. I wanted to wait to tell Hero until I knew for sure if I wanted to do this or not. When I walk to her, she pulls me into a hug and leans close to my ear.

"When are you going to tell him." She asks and I pull away from her. "I don't know, I'm not sure if we're ready or not." I say and she looks at me and smiles.

"You are ready. You two love each other so much, trust me, you're ready." She says and Hero walks in. He says goodbye to his famil and we're out of the house and into the car. Hero drives us to the airport, grabs our bags and we go through airport security.

Once we're cleared, we wait for our flight. We are sitting and he looks over at me. I must look sick or something because he turns to me and looks concerned.

"Are you okay babe?" He asks and I smile at him. "Yeah, I'm good. I just don't want to leave." I say and look back down at the magazine that I'm reading. He leans over and grabs the magazine gently, pulling it out of my hands.

"Baby, tell me what's wrong." He says and I look at him. I'm really nervous to tell him but I don't want to tell him here in the airport. "I don't want to tell you here. I'm gonna tell you when we get back." I tell him and he nods hesitantly.

A few seconds later, our flight is called and we walk through to the loading dock. We get on and head to first class. We sit and the waitress comes over with two glasses of champaign. She offers one to us and I decline it. Hero looks at me weird so he grabs the glasses anyway. He holds one out to me but I shake my head.

"Jo, it'll calm you down a little." He says and I look over at him. "I don't want any baby." I say and he sits it down next to me just in case that I want it.

Once we land, Hero looks at me and I'm so nervous. I don't know how he'll react when I tell him. He might freak out, I don't want him to freak out and to leave me. He looks over at me and then glances down at the untouched glass of champaign. His eyebrows furrow and he grabs my hand.

"I'm fine Hero, I promise. I'm just nervous." I say and look out the window. He grabs my chin and brings me to look at him. "Why are you so nervous to tell me this?" He asks and my breath hitches. "I... I'll tell you later." I say and he sighs.

We get off of the plane when it lands, get our bags and we get an Uber back to my apartment. He is holding my hand the entire time while he looks out of the window. When we pull into the parking lot, Hero gets out and grabs our bags, taking them up to the apartment. I pay the Uber and take the lift up to my door. I open the door and walk to the bedroom were I find Hero putting our clothes away.

When he's done, he walks over to the bed and sits down. He looks over at me and smiles, motioning for me to come stand in front of him. I walk over to him and stand between his legs. He hugs my waist and he looks up at me.

"Are you ready to tell me what's bothering you now?" He asks and I take a deep breath. "I'm going to tell you over dinner." I say and he huffs. "Be patient baby." I tell him and smile. He sighs and rest his head on my stomach again. I bring my hands to his hair and run them through it.

"I need to go get stuff for dinner." I tell him and he nods. "Okay I'll come with." He says and I shake my head. "It's okay, I only need a few things. I'll be back before you know it." I tell him and lean down, kissing him. He smiles and I pull away.

****

I'm wakling around the store, grabbing everything that I need for tonight. I also got a vase of flowers that I thought would look good on my coffee table in my living room. I head to the register and pay for everything. The cashier stares at me, so I smile at her. She smiles back and hands me my bags. I thank her and walk out of the store. I didn't drive because the store isn't that far from my house so I just walked. Hero tried to tell me to take the car but I didn't listen to him.

When I get back to the building, I get onto the lift. I ride up to my apartment and I walk to my door. I place the bags down onto the floor, pushing my key into the knob, and pushing it open.

I stop right in my tracks when I open the door, taking in the sight in front of me. My eyes widen and I hear myself gasp. The vase full of flowers that I was holding slips out of my hands and shatters into a million peices, just like my heart.

"GET OUT!" She screams and I am stuck, frozen. I can't move, or blink, or breath. My breathing has completely stopped and I can't do anything at all but just stare. She runs over to me and pushes me out of the door by my shoulders. Then slams the door in my face.

I breath out and gasp for air. I can't- I can't breath.