I'm sorry I'm not her

Jeongyeon is inside the captain's cabin. She is currently walking around the cabin, her fingers gliding through the dusty shelves and she speaks up, "Sana looked very happy while she was on her way back to her cabin, and the both of you were absent on the later part of the dinner."

Jihyo briefly shifts her head to Jeongyeon's back and slowly moves on her way to her seat behind her desk. "Well, Dahyun's words have enlightened me. I didn't know being open to the crew is such a heartwarming event for all of you," she says, a smile not dropping from her face. Jeongyeon scoffs upon hearing such a sentence from Jihyo which makes her turn in a second. "No way, you're letting Sana get closer to you before we do?" she tells the captain.

The captain leans against her chair and glares at Jeongyeon. "You know me well enough, Jeongyeon. Both Nayeon and you were already with me for years, even longer than the rest. I depend on the two of you.. until you reach your duration and you have to leave me by myself."

"I'm sorry I can't be that friend who sticks up with you always."

Jihyo shakes her head. She looks away and spins her chair, her back now facing the companion standing meters away from her. "It's okay. From all our conversations, I have learned to cherish the remaining time we have for each other, you know, while I still have you all," she tells Jeongyeon. She hides her face away from the crewmate, not wanting to see her vulnerable side to Jeongyeon. Her voice is full of confidence, but the expression on her face does not say so, but rather sadness and loneliness filled her body.

"That's very nice of you, Jihyo. You're growing up," Jeongyeon chuckles and turns her body to face the shelves once again. She skims through the titles of the books, while she talks with the captain. "You're not that immature, sad princess anymore."

And with that, Jihyo feels a dagger stabbing her from behind. No, she hasn't changed at all. She's still that immature, sad princess - the princess who refuses to see the brightness in the dark. She wants to change. She wants to be that friend who everyone wants to be with - that friend who is worth their patience.

At the same time, Nayeon sits next to Mina with snacks in hand. "Chaeyoung got me some of these from the kitchen. Want some?" she says while offering a pack of snacks. Mina smiles in her direction, and she takes the snack away from Nayeon, putting her binoculars aside. "Thanks," she waves the snack before she rips the wrapper open. She pats the space next to where she is sitting, so Nayeon complies and hops on the same crate. They are currently in the forecastle deck near Nayeon's cabin.

"So.. what's happening to you?" Nayeon asks. Both of them are looking ahead of them, the wide ocean while they are approaching a nearby island. They can hear the voices of the captain and the pilots, but they remain unbothered.

"I..," Mina begins but pauses for a second as she just successfully rips the snack open, so she takes a bite before she proceeds, "talked to Momo about what we have addressed before."

"What did we talk about?" Nayeon asks, slightly puzzled.

"Her feelings.."

"Oh, about that..," Nayeon trails off. "So what about it?"

Mina turns to Nayeon and replies, "she was about to admit or tell me something a while ago." Nayeon stares at Mina in shock, but there is a tone of sarcasm (Nayeon knew all along that Momo has an intention to Mina). Mina looks away and sighs deeply.

"Blind or not, I can ensure myself that Momo does not like me romantically like what you told me, Nayeon."

Nayeon is stunned by what the lady told her. "How can you say so?"

Mina smirks and looks back at Nayeon. "You? How can you say Momo likes me in the first place? It's not that she can tell it to you herself, right?" she laughs, knowing the girl can never face her childhood friend like they used to before.