Where brave souls grew

"What's all that, Jihyo?" Jeongyeon asks, referring to her unusual actions during dinner. She didn't mind asking about the situation of Sana meeting her after dinner because she knows they're talking about the real business when it comes to the maps.

Nayeon and Jihyo are with her inside the cabin. Sana just left the cabin when Jihyo ordered her to do so after she had reminded her that they'll lead the ship to the nearest stop before they continue going to the island that Sana had drawn. Jihyo sighs and looks down at her maps - one of the maps has a mark on it. It's their hypothesized destination according to Sana. The drawing in the scroll looks exactly like the area near Aelia Island, not to mention that there is "Aelia" written on Sana's map.

"I didn't look natural, didn't I?" she complains and shakes her head. Nayeon and Jeongyeon turn to one another and shrug their shoulders, not knowing what the captain is trying to point out.

"Can't you understand? We've been together for how long, but I didn't even bother showing how much I care and value all of you," Jihyo bursts out. Jeongyeon and Nayeon are shocked by the revelation of what Jihyo truly felt.

"You're all not just servants. You're my family. I want to finish everything, this journey, as soon as possible, so all the sufferings of the crew will have to end."

Jeongyeon suddenly feels guilty. She remembers having the decision to leave the crew when they cannot find the crown after their next destination. But with Sana's scroll and knowledge, they are assured that they will find the crown at that certain place.

"Jihyo, my mind and my decision won't change when I said we'll have to leave when it turns out to be a failure in the end. We're tired. But it's true, we're a family, I'll still care, but I can't continue working on this ship for the rest of my life," Jeongyeon states.

Nayeon nods in agreement. "Don't blame Sana when the crown is not there. You chose to believe her instead of your own guts. We can see she wants to befriend you every single day, hesitating to come and knock on your door. She wants to be part of your journey."

"Plus, I can see that she cares for the success of your crown search. But if the outcome turns out to be bad, we'll settle for the good and leave the crew. By the time I say that I care yet continue to leave, I want you to do the same and just give up. As a result of your bad decision, you learned a lot from it. It's enough for you to continue living your life," Jeongyeon adds to Nayeon's sentence.

"It's my mother's handwriting. She must have been the one who hid the crown away from me," Jihyo says, flustered.

Nayeon nears Jihyo and pats her. "That absolutely makes no sense at all, Jihyo. Why would a queen want her daughter to refuse their reign? But back to the topic of relationships, this might yet be the best decision you made, and that's to open your doors to the crew. Welcome to Horizon, captain."

"Before this journey ends, learn how to be selfless. Empathize with the people around you," Jeongyeon says with a proud smile.

Certainly, no one can deny the fact that Jihyo had been selfish the whole time in the crew, and it is her first time to actually open herself to interactions. She had been thinking about searching for the crown with the crewmates, but what will they benefit from in the end? The crewmates knew that no one would get any advantage and satisfaction when they found the crown. A hundred percent benefit goes to the captain herself. So why change? There might be only one answer to her sudden change of heart, and it's Sana. Sana's words had assured Jihyo that she had been good despite all her cold and rude actions towards the lady. The compliments have easily broken the walls around the captain's heart.

Soon, the captain realized that it would be better for her to enjoy the accompaniment of the crewmates and treat this journey as a fun adventure with friends and family. She had been closed from the crew with no concrete reason at all. She rarely talks to them, and she's lucky that the crewmates still see her as a friend and not as a boss who commands them around senselessly.