Chapter 4

Chapter 4

    After Master Horan had left the room, I refused to move. I just sat there, knees to my chest, back against the wall. I wasn’t crying. No, I wouldn’t allow myself to cry. To show any signs of weakness.

    I couldn’t allow them to win. I couldn’t give them the satisfaction of watching me break. That’s exactly what they wanted us to do. To sit back, and watch as thousands and thousands of innocent souls continue to break. Day by day, hour by hour.

    I couldn’t allow such a thing to happen. For them to sit back, and laugh at the pain they’ve caused me. I couldn’t allow things to continue the way they were. Though, what other choice did I have?

    To them, I was nothing. Nothing but a dull, lifeless doll. Constantly being thrown, beaten, and abused to no end. Yes, the government had succeeded. They had managed to break me. They had been able to break me long before being thrown into the arms of Master Horan. In more ways than anyone would ever know. But of course, that’s something I’d never allow them to know.

        The scars that line up and down my wrists and thighs, all hold the pain and misery I’ve felt over my many years of life. Along with the countless amount  of bruises that only seemed to make up my pale, beaten skin. So yes, I, along with countless amounts of lost, broken spirits that roamed the earth, had been broken. Had been abused and abandoned to no end.

        Couldn’t they see we were all human? That we all had Feelings and emotions? We weren’t just items. No, we were something more valuable than that. We were human. Each with our own thoughts and opinions. Our own feelings and emotions. Of course, that’s something no one had or ever will understand.

        I don’t know much about what life had been like before everything had been destroyed. Before things had begun to fall to pieces. All I know are the things my mother had once told me. Before having her ripped away from me. Leaving me all alone in this cruel, cruel world.

        All I know is that things were better. People were free. All able to live a life of their own. All living amongst each other. Happy and free. But were they really happy?

        From what I’ve heard people were cruel. They were selfish, rude, and all went around acting as if everyone around them had owed them something. All taking the things they had around them for granted. It was as if they had ruled the world.

        Of course, not all had been this way. From what my mother had said, some had been innocent. They had kind souls and never failed to shine a light on those around them. It was people like them that had kept the world in balance. That kept the world from going into corruption. People like my mother had once been. Of course, all good things must come to an end.

        The good in the world had begun to run thin. The darkness had begun to take over. Day by day becoming the world we have today. Little did they know, their mistakes would soon become their biggest nightmares.

        As time went on, crime rates began to go up. Fights broke out, and people went missing daily. It was an absolute mess. The fights that broke out were horrendous. Guns were shot, and knives were pulled. Everything was a complete mess. The once great country of America, was beginning to fall apart. Soon followed by the world around them.

        Soon, the government began to take action. Taken people hostage, they began what is now known as The Great Slave Auction. At the time, it was strictly government controlled. Only selling off those who truly deserved it. That’s when the real corruption began.

        At the time, money was running low. The government was beginning to collapse. They needed money, and they needed it fast. So they began taking innocent lives. Families were selected randomly. Stolen from their homes, they were shoved away into the auctions. Sold off to the richest, greediest slave owners around. Only the rich found their way out of the auctions. Paying the government off. The rest of us, feared for our lives.

        People began to go into a frenzy. Families tried to flee, only to be caught only miles into their journeys. Only very few making it to freedom. Some managing to stay in hiding. Some like mine once was.

        Nobody knew what to do. The world had officially gone completely mad. Nobody able to do a thing about it. Nothing but sit back, and watch it happen.

        People tried to fight back. They tried to rebel. Only to find themselves in the same situation everyone was in now. All except those with the money and power to free themselves away from the mess we have become.

        All sense of humanity was gone. Any sign of sincerity or compassion left was soon to be destroyed. The government would surely destroy it. Just like they had me. They said it was for the best. Brainwashing those they had consider to be citizens of what they call ‘humanity’. Turning them all into heartless, cruel, lifeless members of society.
         This is the world I, along with any other source of life left in the world, have to live in. This is the world that kids like me had to grow up around. There was no games, toys, or any sense of enjoyment. You either worked, trained, or feared for your life as you know it.

        This is my life and the world I’m forced to endure. A world where I’m forced to work, serve and go along with everything I’m told. But I wasn’t about to back down so easily.

        I would fight, and I would win. I don’t know when, and I don’t know how. But deep down, I know I have the power. The power to make a difference. That’s a promise I was willing to keep. Not even Master Horan himself will be able to break the spark I have inside.  
___________________________________________

A/N
So, this chapter was more of a filler. It's just kind of my way of easing the story into the plot. I know this story still seems a bit slow and boring. Trust me, I know. But it's only chapter four. I'm still trying to set the tone of the story. Wants the plot starts to kick in more the story should start to pick up a bit more. Just bare with me here. I promise it'll all be worth it.