Chapter 2

Chapter 2

    Two hours. That’s all it took. Two hours I’ve been here. Already, I’ve begun to go insane. I had begun to lose it. I didn’t know what I was doing. My brain just couldn’t think straight. I didn’t even know what to think. All I knew was I was freaking out. I was beginning to lose it.

    The more the time went by, the more I began to lose it. I felt so weak. So vulnerable. All my life I’ve fought so hard to keep myself alive and free. All for what? To get thrown into a world I had no desire to be a part of?

    That’s just it though. This is how the world works now-a-days. If you weren’t rich and/or powerful, you didn’t have the slightest of a say. You were a nobody. To the world, you were seen as an item. A mere item that could be bought and thrown around to no end. Much like a doll.

    I didn’t want this; nobody did. But I wanted this least of all. I wanted to be free. To live a life for myself. To be able to enjoy life, not use it to serve others. This isn’t how life is meant to be. God sent us here for a reason. That reason was not to live to serve others. But to be free and live for yourself. To live life to its fullest. To be happy.

    Of course, people don’t see things like that anymore. Religion no longer existed. It too had faded away into constellation. Along with every ounce of humanity that had at one point existed in this world. Only leaving this cold, dark, cruel place of misery. Something I wanted nothing to be apart of. But that decision wasn’t up to me. I was nothing. Nothing but a mere lifeless doll thrown into a cruel, cruel world.

    Standing up, I heard a knock at the door. Opening slightly, a small, frail like girl poked her way into the room. The girl was quite pretty. Tanned skin, dark curly hair, and the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes you’ve ever seen. She was absolutely stunning. There was no denying it.   

        “Hello Ella, I’m Danielle. Master Horan had requested I prepare you for dinner,” the girl spoke, a forced smile upon her face. Though, I saw right through it.

        This girl was broken. Evidence of so much pain and suffering. It nearly broke my heart. This girl was so pure. So lively. Yet, so broken all at the same time.

        Tearing my eyes away from the girl, I gave a faint nod. Not wanting anything to do with the events to come. Wanting nothing more than to sit in my room, and watch as I slowly fade off. Escaping the world and all its misery.

        Then again, that’s just what they want me to do. To continue to break and break until finally, I just give up. I give up everything I had at one point held onto. Any ounce of hope, gone. That little speck of light dug deep inside, gone. Burned out, leaving me to be a pit of darkness. Just like the rest of the world has become.

        I wouldn’t let that happen. I couldn’t give them the satisfaction of breaking me into a million little pieces. I may be weak, and I may be vulnerable. But that’s what kept me strong. All the pain I’ve suffered, only pushed me forward. I couldn’t let them win. I wouldn’t let them destroy me. Not now anyways.

        “This way Mrs. Ella,” the girl guided, pulling me towards the fancy looking closet. Much bigger than what I had needed.

        Looking around, I noticed all the clothes had a skimpy and slut like look to them. Only adding on to my high level of insecurities.

        Turning my attentions towards Danielle, I could see she had an outfit in hand. Handing it towards my direction.

        Throwing the outfit on, it seemed to be a little less revealing than the others. A little, but not by much.