Chapter 1

Chapter 1

    The world is a screwed up place. Full of nothing but misery and hatred. It’s nothing but a world of darkness. So as I sit here, in the back of the cold, dark van, I’m not at all shocked by the man's cruel and dark spirit. The spirit in a desperate need of light.

        Of course, now-a-days, light doesn’t exist in the world. As if any kind of kindness left in the world, had just vanished. Only leaving behind those rare kind spirits. So rare, it’s nearly impossible to find.

    So as I’m yanked off the streets, and shoved into a cold, dark van, I’m not at all surprised. As the door, yanked shut, the cold hearted man walks away. Leaving me there to suffer. Where we were going? I didn’t know. All I could do was hope and pray that everything was going to be ok. But that wasn’t something I could guarantee.

        As the van doors yanked open, I was blinded by the sun's blinding rays. Grabbed harshly by my wrist, I was yanked out of the van. Struggling to get out of his tight grip, I knew it was no use. The man was obviously too strong for my weak, scrawny, arms.   

        As he continued to drag me along, we came across a large steel gate. Looking beyond the gate, I could see a rather large house. Wait no, house was an understatement. It was more of a mansion if anything.

        As the man I had come to know as my captor walked up to the tall gate, a rather large man stepped forward. The man had a bit of a stern look on his slim like face. As he crossed his buff arms over his chest, he raised an eyebrow at my captor, staring at me suspiciously.

        “I’m here to see Mr. Horan,” My captor spoke, his voice deep and raspy sounding. Only adding to his dark and cruel like spirit.

        “Do you have an appointment?” The gatekeeper spoke, eye’s narrowing slightly at the man before him. My captor simply rolled his eyes, seeming quite annoyed with the man before him.

        “I don’t need a fucking appointment! Tell Mr. Horan Jake is here to see him!” My captor snapped, squeezing my wrist harder in aggression.

        “As you wish, sir,” The gatekeeper replied, picking up some type of paging device. Within minutes, the gate had opened and I was being pulled up to a large wooden door. With one little knock, the door swung open. It had swung open to reveal a blonde haired, blue eyed, man.

        As the man stepped out, I looked him up and down. The man wasn’t bad looking. From his shaggy blonde hair, to his plump pink lips. He was fairly attractive. Yet, He couldn’t have been any older than the age of twenty.

        “What do you have for me this time Jake?” The man questioned, a thick Irish accent oozing with every word he spoke.

        Suddenly, I was released from the man’s grip and shot forward. Landing in the boy’s arms, I had an uneasy feeling. A feeling I just couldn't describe. It was like he had this vibe. A vibe I just couldn’t explain.   

        “I found her on the streets sir. I’ve been watching her for a while. From the looks of it, she looks like a newbie. A girl who’s never been caught before. She’s clearly weak, but I think treated in the right conditions should bump up her health. So, What do you think?” My captor questioned, getting a raised eyebrow from the blonde haired man.

        “Pretty little thing isn’t she? As you said, she does look quite weak. Very thin as well. Tell you what, bring her inside and we’ll discuss payment. I have a feeling this girl is just what we need around here,” The boy explained, sending a smirk in my direction. Shivering slightly, the man pulled my arm slightly. Leading me down the long corridor.