Chapter 10

Dream and Nightmare stayed at the garden for the whole day. Cross did call them and Nightmare told him that he was fine.

By night time, Nightmare had fallen asleep. Dream teleported them to the bed room and gently placed him on the king-sized bed. He also used his magic to change both his and Nightmare's clothes into proper sleep wear.

Dream lied down beside Nightmare, facing him. He used his golden wings and wrap it around the smaller skeleton like a blanket.

"Good night Nighty..." Dream whispered before falling asleep.

The next day, Nightmare eye sockets fluttered open and saw sleeping Dream next to him. He smiled as he snuggled closer. They slept together again. Sometimes Dream would be to busy to sleep but Nightmare's okay with it.

"Well, well, my sleeping beauty is awake~"

"OMG YOUR AWAKE??!!" Nightmare screamed. "WHEN?!"

"A few minutes ago," Dream replied.

Nightmare just kept quiet, hugged Dream tightly and snuggled into Dream's chest.

Dream chuckled and said, "C'mon Night, I need to get to work."

Nightmare just shook his head and hugged tighter.

After trying to get Nightmare to let go, Dream quickly went back to work while Nightmare stayed in the bedroom.

Nightmare felt bored so he decided to play the violin.

~~~~~

After about who knows how many hours of playing, he finally stopped.

"I should go see what the others are up to," Nightmare thought.

He went around to find his friends. Suddenly, he heard someone screamed.

"Someone must have shown Cross a picture of a cow or something," Nightmare chuckled as he followed the sound of the screaming.

Nightmare found Blue and Error in the hallways. They were standing in front of a door.

"Hi guys," Nightmare greeted.

"Hi/Hello," they greeted back.

"Where's Cross and Ink?"

"In the room behind us," Blue replied casually.

"We... kinda locked Cross in a room with a cow," Error explained. "And since Ink is a little overprotective about Cross, he went to help but the problem is that we tied him up."

"Nice!" said Nightmare

~~~~~

Nightmare decided to go look for Dream next.

He entered Dream's office and saw him drinking coffee and doing paperwork.

"DREAM!!!" Nightmare shouted loudly.

Dream looked up from his paperwork and smiled. Nightmare ran up and hug him.

"I forgot how physically affectionate you are," said Dream. "You feel good?"

"Just a little weak but I'm find," Nightmare replied. "And a few flowers grew on some of my ribs."

"Go get some bed rest then," Dream suggested. "You know you only have about two months left."

"But I don't want to!" Nightmare whined. "I'll be bored!"

Dream sighed as he pat the little skeleton's skull. Then an idea popped out.

"How about we go get some nice cream?"

"YES!!!" Nightmare exclaimed excitedly.

"Let's go," said Dream as he got up.

They went to the ice cream shop in town. Nightmare had his hood up to make sure nobody saw the flowers.

"What ice cream would you like, Night?" Dream asked.

"Vanilla!"

"Okay, wait here," said Dream as he went into the ice cream shop.

Nightmare stood there and waited. Suddenly, a wolf monster walked in front of him.

"H-hello?" Nightmare stammered.

"Well, well, well, look who it is. A small and adorable monster~" said the wolf monster.

"S-sorry, I-I have to go look for someone," Nightmare said nervously.

Nightmare tried to leave to find Dream but the wolf monster grabbed his arm. Nightmare yelped loudly.

"Come on, don't leave~"

"NO!!! LET GO!!!" Nightmare yelled.

The wolf monster suddenly screamed in pain. Nightmare looked down and saw a sword had pierced through the wolf monster's arm...

Nightmare happily cried, "DREAM!!!!"