At the beach

Sitting on the sand, I watch Alex as he snoozes in our giant beach bed that we rented out. It's covered in pillows and has a canopy hanging over it to shade us. Alex is laying with his hand behind his head and his other hand is resting on his stomach. He looks so cute. His cheeks are rosy from the sun, his hair has gone all soft and fuzzy from where he's been in the sea and his topless, tanned tummy is rising up and down slowly. Grabbing my camera, I snap a few photos of him. I sit next to him and kiss his temple. I decide to read some more of my book while he's asleep. After a few minutes he begins to stir. I watch him as he rubs his eyes and sits up.

"Did you have a nice sleep, my love?" I ask, reaching for his hand.

"It was lovely. That sun really makes you tired."
I nod. He moves up to me.

"What're you reading?"

"Girl in pieces." I show him.

"Ahhh" he leans into me and leans his forehead against mine.

He rubs his nose on mine and gives me a loving kiss. It's one that you melt into.

"Mmm. I'm thirsty." He pulls away and reaches for my water bottle.

"That's mine." I giggle. "You have your own one."

"I want your one. What's yours is mine remember." He grins at me, while chugging my water.

"We're not married, Alex." I smile at him and tilt my head.

"Not yet we're not, love."

I shake my head and sigh, I can't get rid of the smile on my face.

"Oh Mr Turner." I jump over onto him and kiss him.
"I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too." I smile as an idea pops into my head. "Last one to the waters the rotten egg."

I shout and run towards the ocean. I hear him shouting behind me about how I had a head start. As soon as I reach the water I feel Alex's hands grab me. We're both laughing and splashing each other. Once we've both calmed down, he sits in the shallower part and beckons me over. I get to him and wrap my arms around him. I hug him and rest my head in his neck. It's moments like these that I love with him. The feeling of calmness washes over us both. We float around together. His skin feels warm and smooth on my cheek.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

I nod.

"Let's go see if we can order lunch, yeah?"

"Yeah ok." I agree.

We walk back to our bed, hand in hand. We order lunch. I get spaghetti and he gets chicken. We chat and laugh as we eat. I sit cross legged while he sits with his legs straight next to me.

"Can I have a taste?"

"Always have to eat my food." He fake sighs.

"Shut up." I giggle.

He gets a bit of his food and puts it in between his teeth.

"You've gotta come and get it."

"You're so silly." I shake my head.

I lean towards him and take it from his mouth. I moan from the taste of it. He watches me and licks his lips.

"You can't make that noise while we're in public, darlin'." He groans lowly.

I blush and smile. His thumb comes up and wipes away a bit of sauce on my bottom lip. He sucks it off his finger, looking into my eyes. We finish eating and I collapse onto the bed.

"I'm so full." I groan.

He rubs my belly, kisses it and then leans his head on it. He caresses my thigh.

"You're making me tired." I sigh and rest my hand on his head.

I fall asleep to the sound of the waves and the feeling of Alex close to me.